Active Directory Users and Computers

Post by Patrio » Fri, 21 Mar 2003 23:42:55

Since the upgrade to Exchange 2000 from Exchange 5.5, the AD schema was
changed and when I open AD Users and Computers on the server, I do get the
Exchange Tabs, but on any of the Network Admin's local computers, we do not
get the Exchange Tabs, what do I need to install to get the changes to the
AD Schema? Thanks in advance.

Active Directory Users and Computers

Post by Cary Shult » Fri, 21 Mar 2003 23:55:23

View - Advanced Features...

HTH,

Cary

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Since the upgrade to Exchange 2000 from Exchange 5.5, the
AD schema was
>changed and when I open AD Users and Computers on the

server, I do get the
Quote:>Exchange Tabs, but on any of the Network Admin's local

computers, we do not
Quote:>get the Exchange Tabs, what do I need to install to get
the changes to the
>AD Schema? Thanks in advance.

>.

Active Directory Users and Computers

Post by Patrio » Sat, 22 Mar 2003 00:15:13

Already tried it, does not work.

Active Directory Users and Computers

Post by Mark Fugatt [MVP » Sat, 22 Mar 2003 00:28:37

Install the Exchange System Manager on the machine.
--
Mark Fugatt
Microsoft Exchange MVP

Quote:> Since the upgrade to Exchange 2000 from Exchange 5.5, the AD schema was
> changed and when I open AD Users and Computers on the server, I do get the
> Exchange Tabs, but on any of the Network Admin's local computers, we do
not
> get the Exchange Tabs, what do I need to install to get the changes to the
> AD Schema? Thanks in advance.

Active Directory Users and Computers

Post by Patrio » Sat, 22 Mar 2003 06:36:05

I would prefer not to install the entire Exchange System Manager package,
all I want is to be able to manage Exchange settings from with Active
Directory Users and Computers.

Active Directory Users and Computers

Post by Mark Fugatt [MVP » Sat, 22 Mar 2003 07:26:46

In order to manage the Exchange attributes via Active Directory Users and
Computers you will need Exchange System Manager installed on the machine, or
you could try this:

THIS IS NOT SUPPORTED BY MICROSOFT (as far as I know and I do not offer any
guarantee that it will work):

Copy these files into your System32 directory
Exchmem.dll
Address.dll
Escprint.dll
Maildsmx.dll

After you have copied the files, go to the command prompt and type:
Regsvr32 maildsmx.dll

See if that helps

--
Mark Fugatt
Microsoft Exchange MVP
www.msexchange.org
Chat with other Exchange junkies at http://www.exchangetrainer.com:8000

Quote:> I would prefer not to install the entire Exchange System Manager package,
> all I want is to be able to manage Exchange settings from with Active
> Directory Users and Computers.

Active Directory Users and Computers

Post by Patrio » Sat, 22 Mar 2003 23:33:56

I tried it and got the following error:

LoadLibrary("maildsmx.dll")failed - The specified module could not be found.

Thank you for trying.

Active Directory Users and Computers

Post by Mark Fugatt [MVP » Sun, 23 Mar 2003 00:05:16

I had the same problem. I had originally copied a file from an SP1 directory
(for Exchange). I then copied the file with a date like May of 2001
(Exchsrvr/bin if I remember correctly) and re-ran the registration process
and it worked like a charm. Now I can see the Exchange tabs on the user
objects and run the Exchange Task Wizard as well.
--
Mark Fugatt

Quote:> I tried it and got the following error: