Slow LDAP API Search

Post by Mitc » Tue, 01 Feb 2000 04:00:00

ldap_search_s(ld, m_strBaseDN.GetBuffer(0), LDAP_SCOPE_ONELEVEL,
m_strSearch.GetBuffer(0),
 ("sn", NULL), 1, &result1 )

Setting the BaseDN to "cn='site',ou='site',o='org'" and setting the search
filter to "sn=*" results in a 19 second search to return approximately 1900
entries. This is against a dual PII 333. A quad PPro 200 results in >20
second search and a P133 results in a >60 second search.

Changing the 6th parameter (attrsonly) to 0 results in a >60 sec search.
I've played with the attrs parameter but it doesn't seem to change much.

Is this the best that LDAP can do? Do I need to go to DAPI to get better
results?

Thanks,

Mitch

remove nospam for direct replies

1. Slow LDAP search

I have a Ex2K on W2K and AD.
My clients are Outlook2002 .
We have external Ldap server.

-The search function works as well, but if they use "check names" the
searching timeout is to long in comparison w/Otlook2000.!

Please Help w/a Tip.!

Jorg

2. Mail Problem with newsgroup by outlook express or IE5, because of MSexchange (?)

3. LDAP API

4. Restricting Sending to Distribution List

5. LDAP API & Exchange Server (ldap_add_s() Problem)

6. Forestprep Fails

7. Caching API in LDAP and availability over NT/95

8. HELP! Converting Groupwise Mailboxes to Exchange

9. LDAP API & Exchange Server (ldap_add_s() Problem)

10. SLOW, SLOW, SLOW, SLOW

11. Address Lists Custom Search LDAP Base object

12. LDAP searches of AD