Making a form the Default Form

Post by Kris Ruszczynsk » Wed, 26 May 1999 04:00:00

I get the message '"you can not create an item of this type in this
folder'" - I have installed new e-form - but when I try to make this form to
be a default when posting (properties of folder, general tab) - I get the
above message. Please help

Kris

Making a form the Default Form

Post by Sue Mosher [MVP » Thu, 27 May 1999 04:00:00

What type of form -- Contact, Appointment, Post, etc.? What type of
folder -- Calendar, Contact, etc.?
--
Sue Mosher
Author of "The Microsoft Outlook E-mail and Fax Guide"

Quote:> I get the message '"you can not create an item of this type in this
> folder'" - I have installed new e-form - but when I try to make this form
> be a default when posting (properties of folder, general tab) - I get the
> above message. Please help

> Kris

Making a form the Default Form

Post by Kris Ruszczynsk » Thu, 27 May 1999 04:00:00

Sue,

I have created my own e-form and try to make it the folder default form ! -
no joy as per my earlier message.
Kris

>What type of form -- Contact, Appointment, Post, etc.? What type of
>folder -- Calendar, Contact, etc.?
>--
>Sue Mosher
>Author of "The Microsoft Outlook E-mail and Fax Guide"
>Exchange and Outlook FAQs at http://www.slipstick.com/exchange/

>> I get the message '"you can not create an item of this type in this
>> folder'" - I have installed new e-form - but when I try to make this form
>> be a default when posting (properties of folder, general tab) - I get the
>> above message. Please help

>> Kris

Making a form the Default Form

Post by Sue Mosher [MVP » Fri, 28 May 1999 04:00:00

The same questions apply. All forms are based on a base form. All folders
have a default form.

> Sue,

> I have created my own e-form and try to make it the folder default form
! -
> no joy as per my earlier message.
> Kris

> >What type of form -- Contact, Appointment, Post, etc.? What type of
> >folder -- Calendar, Contact, etc.?
> >--
> >Sue Mosher
> >Author of "The Microsoft Outlook E-mail and Fax Guide"
> >Exchange and Outlook FAQs at http://www.slipstick.com/exchange/

> >> I get the message '"you can not create an item of this type in this
> >> folder'" - I have installed new e-form - but when I try to make this
form
> >> be a default when posting (properties of folder, general tab) - I get
the
> >> above message. Please help

> >> Kris

1. set a non-standard form as the default form in a folder

i followed the instructions in article Q249199.
it works, however the word document opens up with
non-standard toolbars which are unnecessary.

if i remove the toolbars and save, it still opens up with those toolbars.

only if i have word open, and then open up the word form it does not come up
with the non-standard  toolbars.

any ideas on how i can fix this?

thanks.

2. Newsfeed terminates with error # 502

3. Organizational Forms Library - Force default form

4. Moving events

5. Importing default form fields into custom form fields?

6. Renaming Organization and Sites

7. Forms Forms Forms??

8. Public Folders on connected Sites

9. Making Exchange Form in Debugging Mode

10. Client won't open form made with EFD

11. Making Exchange Form in Debugging Mode

12. Making Forms (easily) Available

13. Making Exchange Form in Debugging Mode