MTA Problem

Post by Glenn A. Har » Tue, 17 Dec 1996 04:00:00

A couple of suggestions.

1) Do you see any helpful messages in the Applications portion of the Event
Viewer? If not, try turning up logging a bit to see if that yields any more
information.

2) You could create a server monitor which would start services that have
stopped. This is a band-aid thing and would not really help diagnose your
problem as much as it would help cut down on the length of time that the
MTA is down.

Glenn
--
*
*   Glenn A. Harm

*   Web home page: http://members.aol.com/gaharm

> We are using MS Exchange Server 4.0 and are having problems with the
> Message Transfer Agent (MTA)this is located under NetAdmin and then CP
> Services.  Here you will observe both the 'status' and 'startup' setting
> that is applied to each service.   On our server, startup is defaulted to
> automatic, and we leave the server on 24/7.  However, nearly every day we
> are have to go and manual 'start' the MTA.  This stays running for some
> time, then a day or two later we notice incoming messages are not be
> allowed to be queued in because the MTA has apparently been stopped.
Then
> we have to go in and again manually start it.

> I was hoping someone could offer some advice on how to resolve this
> problem.

> Dave Cox

1. MTA Problem

Dear all,

I have some question on my exchange server, Hope anything one can help me

We have more five Exchange Server building on Same Site,
one is Exchange 2000. Other is Exchange 5.5

When I change the password of the administrator.

The Exchange 2000 can't talk with other server ....

And the Event-Log show the MTA error on Exchange Server 2000

Can Anyone tell me why,
How Can I Solve ...

Regards,

2. View old mail in Archive problem

3. Desperate!!!! MTA Problems

4. Another Nimba issue

5. cant fix the rpc-mta problem!!

6. Reward for Solution $$$$$

7. Help, MTA problem

8. EXCH2000- Changed name of POP3 server, now OL2000 want to dl all msgs again!

9. MTA problem, Error 8640!

10. MTA Problem

11. MTA Problems

12. MTA Problem