Accessing Exchange Directories via LDAP

Post by John Wootto » Thu, 01 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

We have an App which scans a central Exchange server for contributing
Exchange directories to the central Global Address List.

While scanning each of the regional Exchange server's address lists, some
fail, some work. There was a suggestion this is because, the server
communications are a mixture of X400 and Site Connector.

Can anyone validate this possiblity?

Cheers

John

Accessing Exchange Directories via LDAP

Post by Chris Schar » Fri, 02 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Dunno ... guess it depends on what the app does.

Chris Scharff
Exchange Administrator
BV Solutions Group

#include std_disclaim.h

Quote:>Hi,

>We have an App which scans a central Exchange server for contributing
>Exchange directories to the central Global Address List.

>While scanning each of the regional Exchange server's address lists, some
>fail, some work. There was a suggestion this is because, the server
>communications are a mixture of X400 and Site Connector.

>Can anyone validate this possiblity?

>Cheers

>John

Accessing Exchange Directories via LDAP

Post by John Wootto » Sat, 10 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Using ADSI, it reads the top level organiasational units, then for each unit
it imports each member of the recipient list to a database.

Any help wuld be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

John

1. accessing exchange directory via LDAP

We have a problem to solve, and I'm wondering if this is the direction to
go.

We maintain our corporate directory in a proprietary database on the
intranet.  I would like to find a way to automate the process of creating
and modifying exchange mailboxes when intranet accounts are created or
modified.  We are in an NT4/Exchange 5.5 environment, and right now Active
Directory is not an option.  The intranet runs on a solaris box.

I understand that exchange 5.5 provides LDAP services with write privileges.
Is there some documentation somewhere on the specifics of Exchange's LDAP
implementation?  i.e. commands, field names, etc.

Also does anybody know of an LDAP client that can run on the unix side, read
in a file that would contain the additions or changes to be applied, and
automatically connect to exchange and do the updates?

I've not had much like finding any specifics, and I'm wearing out the hard
drives on the google servers.

Thanks for any and all help

Tim Stewart

2. Macintosh 5.0 beta?

3. Reading Exchange Directory via LDAP or Access..

4. Error Message while I try to delete an address book view

5. POP3 on Microsoft exchange

6. Incoming mail creates events, is it possible?

7. accessing Exchange Class via LDAP and ADO

8. Accessing Exchange via LDAP protocol

9. Accessing Exchange via VBscript &LDAP

10. Accessing Exchange via LDAP protocol

11. Accessing Exchange via VBscript &LDAP