Disaster

Post by Eric Stewar » Fri, 10 May 2002 03:15:38

I have an Exchange server that I was testing and the system crashed.  I
tried reinstalling it but I am getting an error message when I choose the
"Typical" install, stating that the this system is already in the "First
Administrative Group".  What Do I need to do to fix this?

Eric

Disaster

Post by David Sengupta [MVP » Fri, 10 May 2002 05:52:53

give us more specifics.  Tell us about your topology (i.e. # DCs, is DC &
Exchange 2000 on same server, etc.), SPs, exactly what you did and what
problems you ran into, and what you need to recover.

--
David Sengupta  M.T.S., MCSE, CCA, Exchange MVP
Exchange FAQ - http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm

Quote:> I have an Exchange server that I was testing and the system crashed.  I
> tried reinstalling it but I am getting an error message when I choose the
> "Typical" install, stating that the this system is already in the "First
> Administrative Group".  What Do I need to do to fix this?

> Eric

Disaster

Post by Eric Stewar » Fri, 10 May 2002 20:43:26

Well basically I had and Exchange server that I had running to test the
system to move in that direction.  Exchange was running on a DC, then I
demoted the machine and uninstalled Exchange.  Then I got the new box up and
running Win2k as a DC as well and I went to install the Exchange and I got
errors stating that my test server was still in the First Administrative
Group and to use disaster recovery.  The problem was that the test server
was on the shelf and everything uninstalled.  I then broughtthe tes server
back online and reinstalled everything and I get the same error.  I found an
article on Microsoft's support page to remove an Exchange Organization from
AD.  I followed this and I still have the same problems.  What do I need to
do to be able to install Exchange on my domain?

Thanks,

Eric

> give us more specifics.  Tell us about your topology (i.e. # DCs, is DC &
> Exchange 2000 on same server, etc.), SPs, exactly what you did and what
> problems you ran into, and what you need to recover.

> --
> David Sengupta  M.T.S., MCSE, CCA, Exchange MVP
> Exchange FAQ - http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm
> Technology Architect - Ottawa, Canada, Qunara Inc.

>> I have an Exchange server that I was testing and the system crashed.  I
>> tried reinstalling it but I am getting an error message when I choose the
>> "Typical" install, stating that the this system is already in the "First
>> Administrative Group".  What Do I need to do to fix this?

>> Eric

1. Exchange Disaster Recovery becoming a Disaster

Good Afternoon

We are trying to restore Exchange 2K onto a different server.

We are following the restore procedure from the MS Exchange website and have
done a basic installation of Windows 2K and have restored the Active
Directory. However have the following problem.

When we attempt to re-install Exchange using the /DisaterRecovery switch the
installation immediately fails with the following error in the Event Viewer:

The description for Event ID (1005) in source (BOExchangeSetup) cannot be
found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or
message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The following
information is part of the event: The system cannot find the specified.
Facility:Win32 ID no: c0070002 Microsoft Exchange Setup.

We have restored the AD for a second time with the same result.

Is there away around this problem or maybe a better route to restoring
Exchange??

Thanks

Mike

2. Forward Meeting Request Subject Line

3. Force local mail to use x400 connector

4. Disaster Recovery options

5. arcserve

6. "disaster recovery" question

7. How to configure Exchange 5.5 to do DNS lookup

8. Exchange Replication for Disaster Recovery

9. Advanced Disaster Recovery

10. Disaster Restore

11. Disaster recovery tools...

12. Recovery exchange server after disaster