Am I doing this right?

Post by Stuar » Fri, 10 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Our company is planning a migration from Sendmail to Exchange 2000 or 5.5,
the final decision hasn't been made.  Since our staff have .pst files in
there Outlook 2000 client I was planning to create a mailbox for the staff
member and just import the .pst file into the exchange mailbox including
subfolders.  If I'm incorrect please let me know.  Second our laptop staff
will require a .ost file however I am unfamiliar with how to create an ost
file from an exchange mailbox.  Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Stuart

Am I doing this right?

Post by Andy Web » Fri, 10 Nov 2000 04:00:00

The users with PST files can either keep them as the archive of their old
mail, or you can move the data into the Exchange store (either manually, or
with ExMerge).  You will likely want to reconfigure their default delivery
location to be the Exchange mailbox for all new mail.

An OST is created when you create the profile for a user, or can be create
later by editing the profile - all this is documented in the Outlook Help
files.

Simpler-Webb, Inc.  Austin, TX  "Mauve has more RAM" -Dilbert
Exchange FAQ   -   http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm

Quote:> Our company is planning a migration from Sendmail to Exchange 2000 or 5.5,
> the final decision hasn't been made.  Since our staff have .pst files in
> there Outlook 2000 client I was planning to create a mailbox for the staff
> member and just import the .pst file into the exchange mailbox including
> subfolders.  If I'm incorrect please let me know.  Second our laptop staff
> will require a .ost file however I am unfamiliar with how to create an ost
> file from an exchange mailbox.  Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks.

> Stuart

1. Permissions - Am I doing this right?

Hi,
I've setup the following permissions w/ the following results:

Default: NONE (Folder NOT visible)
Anonymous: Author (Folder visible)

Result: Anonymous can't see or do anything.

Then, I try this:
Default: Author (Folder visible)
Anonymous: NONE (Folder NOT visible)

Result: Anonymous can do everything allowed by the "Author" permission.

the permissions set for the "Default" user.

Is this normal?  Can anyone replicate the issue?

Exchange 2000 Std.
SP1

Thanks,
John Rounds
Epichem Inc.

2. Internet Mailing List - How?

3. Dynamic CDO profiles: What am I doing wrong?

4. Adding Footers to exchange 2000 server

5. Am I doing enough?

6. /MDBDATA ?

7. What am I doing wrong?

8. Mirror Server

9. Error 4116 - What am I doing wrong?

10. What Am I Doing wrong: GAL replication

11. What am I doing wrong?

12. What am I doing wrong????????