Exchange Mailbox Creation - Assigning permissions for Windows NT Accounts

Exchange Mailbox Creation - Assigning permissions for Windows NT Accounts

Post by Kannan Arunachala » Thu, 27 May 1999 04:00:00

Hi,
i am trying to automate mailbox creation process in Exchange using
VB/ADSI/LDAP, etc. and i hv succesfully created NT account & Exchange
MailBox.
But i just noted that u cannot access these mailbox if the necessary
permissions are not given for the NT Account, apart from setting the Primary
Windows NT account.
But i don't know how to do it thru' VB. I know u hv to use PutEx, but i am
not sure of the field name. Can somebody help.

Thanx in advance,

Kannan

Exchange Mailbox Creation - Assigning permissions for Windows NT Accounts

Post by Jamie Vacho » Fri, 28 May 1999 04:00:00

You should probably check out the microsoft.public.active.directory
newsgroup. We have covered it in pretty good detail. First, you need an
object (Tom Rizzo's book, "Programming Microsoft Outlook and Exchange" is
one) to convert a username and domain to a SID, and then you can use the Put
method to put the SID in the Assoc-NT-Account property.

--
Jamie Vachon
Developer, Collaboration Group