Converting Schedule+ 7.5 to Outlook-Format in a bulk

Converting Schedule+ 7.5 to Outlook-Format in a bulk

Post by Christian Goet » Wed, 08 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Hi!

Does anybody know a possibilty to convert Schedule+ 7.5-calendars  to
Outlook 97-Format automatically in a bulk? I have three dozens of
Schedule+-Users whom I have migrate to Outlook 97. I know that there is a
tool called "Outlook Migration Kit", but this tool is only available in the
U.S. and in Canada :-((((

So in some docs they mention that it is possible to convert them using the
Exchange Migration Wizard. How?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Christian

Converting Schedule+ 7.5 to Outlook-Format in a bulk

Outlook 97 version 8.03 and Outlook 98 will open Schedule+ 7.5.

Post by Amiri Jone » Tue, 14 Jul 1998 04:00:00

>Outlook 97 version 8.03 and Outlook 98 will open Schedule+ 7.5.

    Read the original post more closely.  Christian was looking for a BULK
method of converting Schedule+ files.  Sure, Outlook can read S+ files, but
each user must perform the task on his own.  Christian is looking for a way
to convert EVERYBODY's S+ file at the same time.

>>Hi!

>>Does anybody know a possibilty to convert Schedule+ 7.5-calendars  to
>>Outlook 97-Format automatically in a bulk? I have three dozens of
>>Schedule+-Users whom I have migrate to Outlook 97. I know that there is a
>>tool called "Outlook Migration Kit", but this tool is only available in
the
>>U.S. and in Canada :-((((

>>So in some docs they mention that it is possible to convert them using the
>>Exchange Migration Wizard. How?

>>Any suggestions would be appreciated.

    Well, if any of your users chose the 'advanced users and administrators
only' option to not create a local S+ file, then all they have to do is log
onto the mailbox with Outlook.  When it opens the mailbox, Outlook will
automatically detect the S+ information and offer to convert it into Outlook
format.  Otherwise, you'll have to look elsewhere...

Converting Schedule+ 7.5 to Outlook-Format in a bulk

Post by might » Wed, 15 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Why can't he write a script to take care of all users at Once?

says...

Post by Amiri Jone » Fri, 17 Jul 1998 04:00:00

>Why can't he write a script to take care of all users at Once?

    Because as far as I know, the way to convert an S+ file to Outlook is
the following:

1.    Open Outlook.
2.    Select File/Import and Export.
3.    Follow the wizard that comes up to locate the file, and determine what
information is read from the file.

    I know of no way to run a conversion from a command line.  Likewise,
automating the process described above would require the installation and
configuration of some kind of scripting agent that could perform mouse
tasks.  In the end, it would be a ROYAL PITA, even if it worked properly on
every single user's S+ (which I doubt would happen).  The poster was looking
for something that could be run from a command line that would automate this
process.

1. Converting Schedule+ 7.5 to Outlook-Format in a bulk

Hi!

Does anybody know a possibilty to convert Schedule+ 7.5-calendars  to
Outlook 97-Format automatically in a bulk? I have three dozens of
Schedule+-Users whom I have migrate to Outlook 97. I know that there is a
tool called "Outlook Migration Kit", but this tool is only available in the
U.S. and in Canada :-((((

So in some docs they mention that it is possible to convert them using the
Exchange Migration Wizard. How?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Christian

2. Unable to deliver the message due to a communications failure

3. Help Email delay in Exchange server 2k

4. mailbox deleted in error

5. Help Using backup Exec Ver 7

6. Schedule+ 7.0/7.5 / MS-MAIL Migration to Exchange / Schedule+7.0/7.5

7. Fw: Schedule+ 7.0/7.5 / MS-MAIL Migration to Exchange / Schedule+7.0/7.5

8. Convert Sidekick 95 to Schedule plus 7.5

9. Migrating clients from Schedule+ 7.5 to Outlook 2000

10. Schedule+ 7.5 to Outlook Calendar Migration