changing SMTP Header

Post by Ray Ston » Sat, 08 Jun 2002 06:00:21

Is there a way to change the default SMTP identification string so that if
someone telnets to port 25 of my Exchange 2000 server, they see what I
specify instead of the exact version of Exchange that I'm using?

Thanks,
Ray

changing SMTP Header

Post by Siegfried Weber [MVP » Sat, 08 Jun 2002 10:05:12

> Is there a way to change the default SMTP identification string so that if
> someone telnets to port 25 of my Exchange 2000 server, they see what I
> specify instead of the exact version of Exchange that I'm using?

Check:

XCON: How to Modify the SMTP Banner:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q281224

--
<Siegfried />

Development Lead,

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) - Exchange Server
Co-author of "Professional CDO Programming", Wrox Press 1999

CDOLive LLC - The Microsoft Messaging and Collaboration Application Experts
http://www.cdolive.com

Please reply to the newsgroups so that others can benefit from the
discussion.
Questions by e-mail are discarded without further notice.

1. Change server Address in SMTP relay header

Is there a way in Exchange 5.5 on NT to change the the hostname as
appears in the SMTP relay below from servername.source-domain.com to
FQDN.source-domain.com that is diffrent from the servers NETBios name?

        id <S3LH7PYS>; Thu, 13 Sep 2001 16:49:02 -0400

Subject: test
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 16:49:01 -0400

Ernest Phillips
Systems Engineer

2. Old items store cleanup question

3. SMTP Header changes

4. Exchange 2000 Calendar

5. Exchange 2K SMTP header and Mail header

6. what happens if I remove and reinstall network protocols?

7. Global SMTP Change due to Domain Name Change

8. backing up exchange when database and backup drive are on different servers

9. How to change the From Header in Script?

10. how do i change header info?

11. Changing header name in Exchange 5.5

12. Domain not changing in the header, Exchange Domain Masquerading

13. Change the FQDN at the mail header