Replicated public folders not visible from new server

Replicated public folders not visible from new server

Post by Chris Brow » Fri, 31 May 2002 02:47:03

I've added a new server that I'm planning to move to before decomissioning
Exchange on the old one.

I've installed the new box, have replicated a test folder to it.  No
problems.

If I remove the replica from the 1st server, I can see the folder but cannot
access it's contents.

If I move a mailbox to the new server the user can login and is redirected
to the new sever for their mailbox.  This user can see the test folder but
cannot open it's contents.

If I re-add the old server in the Replicas tab, both users can see the
folder.

What am I doing wrong?  I need to be careful here as I have 50,000+ items in
Public Folders that I really do not want to lose!

TIA,

Chris.

1. Replicated public folders not visible from new server

I've added a new server that I'm planning to move to before decomissioning
Exchange on the old one.

I've installed the new box, have replicated a test folder to it.  No
problems.

If I remove the replica from the 1st server, I can see the folder but cannot
access it's contents.

If I move a mailbox to the new server the user can login and is redirected
to the new sever for their mailbox.  This user can see the test folder but
cannot open it's contents.

If I re-add the old server in the Replicas tab, both users can see the
folder.

What am I doing wrong?  I need to be careful here as I have 50,000+ items in
Public Folders that I really do not want to lose!

TIA,

Chris.

2. edit the message server sends

3. Replicated Public Folders not visible

4. Backup from Exchange

5. Public Fiolder server will not Replicate New Folders to other sites

6. How to get CDO.IMessage object FileName when using OnArrival Event Sink

7. public folder hierarchy not replicating to new server

8. Outlook Logon Slow

9. rehomed public folders not visible on new Exchange2k