programming "Send As "

Post by Greg marti » Wed, 19 May 1999 04:00:00

I was just told by an application vendor that they cannot send an
Outlook/Exchange (MAPI, that is)  message as another user.  Since Outlook98
has this feature and Exchange has this permission, I assumed it could be
done programmatically.  Can anyone steer me towards a solution?

Thanks

--
\\Greg
Greg Martin

programming "Send As "

Post by Alexander Schneide » Sat, 07 Aug 1999 04:00:00

In VB there is a command called SentonBehalfof (or something like that),
which you can use for sending mails with different addresses. But you have
to allow th user using this command to use a different address. That is be
done on the exchange server itself.

Regards Alex

Quote:>Outlook/Exchange (MAPI, that is)  message as another user.  Since Outlook98
>has this feature and Exchange has this permission, I assumed it could be
>done programmatically.  Can anyone steer me towards a solution?

>Thanks

programming "Send As "

Post by Rick Spiewa » Sat, 07 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Given that, you can do this in CDO by setting the Sender property twice. See
the cdo.hlp file.

Quote:> In VB there is a command called SentonBehalfof (or something like that),
> which you can use for sending mails with different addresses. But you have
> to allow th user using this command to use a different address. That is be
> done on the exchange server itself.

> Regards Alex

> >Outlook/Exchange (MAPI, that is)  message as another user.  Since
Outlook98
> >has this feature and Exchange has this permission, I assumed it could be
> >done programmatically.  Can anyone steer me towards a solution?

> >Thanks

1. Please Help""""""""""""""

Dear All

Could you tell me if any problems reported on Exchange 5.5 with SP4 on
Windows2000 Server and analogue connection (DUN)

The reason of this question because since I upgraded exchange 5.5 sp3 to 4
my e-mails stock in the queue for very very long time or not delivered at
all.

2. 2 Recipient Policies and blocking SMTP???

3. IMS "custome routing program"

4. Getting Exchange 5.5 admin tools to "play nice" with Win2K and Outlook 2K?

5. "a recently installed program..."error

6. Exchange SMTP AUTH

7. """"Microsoft Fax options""""

8. CDO

9. ""Exchange in Win98 ?????""

10. OWA sent items - are "sent by" not "sent to"

11. "send as" not "send on behalf of"

12. How to use "Send as" and "Send on Behalf" rights

13. Outlook Client-How to configure "send only"and not "send and receive"