setting up email

Post by Eric Bojonel » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 01:32:46

I am trying to get email setup and I went into the
recipient policy and and then the default policy
porperties and then the email properties. I tried to and
an SMTP address and it keeps saying that emial address is
bad. I have my domain at no-ip.com. The MX record is
being pointed to my comptuer which is running exchange. I
have the MX reocrd priority set up the same both on the
DNS server and the DNS setting on my server. I have no
idea why it is saying that email address is bad. It is a
working domain. Please help. Thank yuo

setting up email

Post by Lanwench [MVP - Exchange » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 01:40:46

You don't need an internal MX record for your domain...just your domain's
public DNS. See http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF002.html for a good
guide to hosting your own mail.

> I am trying to get email setup and I went into the
> recipient policy and and then the default policy
> porperties and then the email properties. I tried to and
> an SMTP address and it keeps saying that emial address is
> bad. I have my domain at no-ip.com. The MX record is
> being pointed to my comptuer which is running exchange. I
> have the MX reocrd priority set up the same both on the
> DNS server and the DNS setting on my server. I have no
> idea why it is saying that email address is bad. It is a
> working domain. Please help. Thank yuo

1. Generic email set-ups possible?

We're using exchange 5.5 w/ Outlook 97 for our email system.

Using default setups:   when I set up 1 account on a PC, that person
can't get their email on any other PC  AND  no one else can use that PC
to get their email..

I'd like to have ALL outlook info be stored on the exchange server (or
at least not on the local PC) so someone can log-on any PC and get at
their old and new email and other Outlook info.

and conversly...   I'd like to be able to set up the PC so ANYONE on the
change server can log in and get their email.

can anyone provide help on what I need to do/set to make this happen?

David Tinklepaugh
Network Admin.
The Health Association

2. Strange delays

3. How do I add aliases

4. OWA moved but not working

5. Messanger email pop ups on my server

6. Passing the Microsoft Certification Exams

7. how do set a whole company range email footer setting

8. Microsoft Press More Than 300 Titles + FREE UPS Ground shipping

9. HELP: Using Exchange to Manage Schedules and Sign-Ups

10. Are calendar roll-ups possible??