Exchange 2000 uptime estimates

Post by C Che » Thu, 21 Mar 2002 04:44:34

Hi:

I would like to hear from those who are running E2K,
regarding the average uptime from your experience, like
98%, 99%, etc. Of course this depends on the
configureations, but we just want to know what to expect
on average, without clustering or with.

If you have other performance data on E2K or 5.5, I also
appreciate it.

Thanks a lot.

Exchange 2000 uptime estimates

Post by Mark Fugat » Thu, 21 Mar 2002 04:57:32

This would be an impossible question to answer without a whole load of
information such as:

How many users
What type of hardware
Does the server run anything else
Do you want to take into account OS failures or just Exchange uptime
How is Exchange configured (single store or multiple stores)

etc etc

--
Mark Fugatt
Pentech Office Solutions Inc

Quote:> Hi:

> I would like to hear from those who are running E2K,
> regarding the average uptime from your experience, like
> 98%, 99%, etc. Of course this depends on the
> configureations, but we just want to know what to expect
> on average, without clustering or with.

> If you have other performance data on E2K or 5.5, I also
> appreciate it.

> Thanks a lot.

Exchange 2000 uptime estimates

Post by C Che » Thu, 21 Mar 2002 09:12:46

It's true that there are many factors that can affect the
outcomes.  But I just want to learn that if you are
currently running a E2K, what is your expereince, given
your configuration (HW/SW/Apps).

Appreciate the response nevertheless.

Thanks

1. Add-in software and Exchange Uptime

From the common sense standpoint it seems fair to say that the greater the
number of applications running together on a system the higher the chance
that one or more of them will develop a conflict thereby causing greater
instability. The question is does anyone have any hard data such as white
papers, etc. on how add-in software such as fax, UM, wireless email, etc.
affect Exchange uptime?

thanx

jbp

2. Unable to Connect to NewsGroups

3. Exchange Services Uptime

4. Where is that e-mail?

5. Exchange instant uptime

6. Free/Busy not updating

7. Information on uptime

8. NTDS

9. Beta: Estimate Release date of Exchange 2003 ?

10. Estimated bandwidth requirements per Outlook client when accessing MS Exchange

11. Exchange migration estimate

12. Estimated Total Cost of switching from GroupWise to Exchange/Outlook

13. GroupWise -> Exchange migration - time estimates needed