Move Public Folder

Post by Charli » Tue, 23 Apr 2002 12:59:51

I have 2 Exchange 2000 Server.
Server A was upgraded from 5.5 to 2000 while Server B was a new installation
of Exchange 2000 as well as AD.
I would like to move everything to Server B because it is a new machine.
I have move all the mailboxes from Server A to Server B but how do I move
the Public Folders, or do I have to use any other method.

Thanks in advance.

Move Public Folder

Post by Mark Fugat » Tue, 23 Apr 2002 13:12:58

Charlie

Take a look at Q288150 on the MS Knowledgebase, it covers how to rehome
public folders in Exchange 2000

--
Mark Fugatt
Pentech Office Solutions Inc

Quote:> I have 2 Exchange 2000 Server.
> Server A was upgraded from 5.5 to 2000 while Server B was a new
installation
> of Exchange 2000 as well as AD.
> I would like to move everything to Server B because it is a new machine.
> I have move all the mailboxes from Server A to Server B but how do I move
> the Public Folders, or do I have to use any other method.

> Thanks in advance.

Move Public Folder

Post by Charli » Tue, 23 Apr 2002 20:40:19

Hi Mark,
thanks for your response. I have actually tried it once but the replication
does not seem to be working. I don't know whether I'm missing something,
maybe I will try again.

Regards,
Charlie

> Charlie

> Take a look at Q288150 on the MS Knowledgebase, it covers how to rehome
> public folders in Exchange 2000

> --
> Mark Fugatt
> Pentech Office Solutions Inc
> www.4mcts.com
> Visit www.msexchange.org for practical information on Microsoft Exchange

> > I have 2 Exchange 2000 Server.
> > Server A was upgraded from 5.5 to 2000 while Server B was a new
> installation
> > of Exchange 2000 as well as AD.
> > I would like to move everything to Server B because it is a new machine.
> > I have move all the mailboxes from Server A to Server B but how do I
move
> > the Public Folders, or do I have to use any other method.

> > Thanks in advance.

1. Moving Public Folders

II am testing out ES 5.5 and am currently running 4.0. They are on different
servers, and in different domains.
I want to move over the 4.0 Public Folders that I have but cannot figure out
how. Inside the PFs are mainly posts and one LARGE public calendar. I don't
want to lose any of this info, and need to see how everything fits inside of
the new 5.5 structure.

Is this possible? I can't find any docs on it.

Thanks in advance.

2. mail groups

3. Please help; Moving public folders to new server

4. how to remove public folder if Home server is removed

5. Moving Public Folders

6. Connecting Exchange 2000 to msnews.microsoft.com

7. Moving Public Folders to another server

8. Hardware upgrade Install

9. Moving Public Folders

10. Move Public Folders from 5.5 to 2k

11. Move public folders inter-org?

12. Last Step: Need to move public folders off first server to new one

13. Move Public Folders between 2 organisations