POP3 Virtual Server Refuses to Start

Post by James Pullicin » Tue, 07 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Make sure that the POP3 port (usually 110) is free and that no other apps
are using it. To test for this just establish a telnet session on that port.

P.S. The error you are getting translates to:

"Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is
normally permitted."

James.

Quote:> All of my protocols are starting up fine except POP3.  I somehow
(literally
> do not know how) got it going.  After it started, I could stop and start
it
> fine.  I installed a software update to another product which required a
> reboot.  Now I cannot get it started.  The error I am getting is the same
> error I got before I accidently got it to start.  Since there is no
> documentation on this error, it makes it hard to fix.  Here is the error
log
> in the Application Event Log:
> An error occurred while starting the Microsoft Exchange POP3 Service:
> server instance number 1 failed to start with error 0x2740.

> The preceeding event states that the service could not bind instance 1,
what
> ever the heck that means!

> It took me a long time to somehow start POP3 before.  Does anyone have a
> clue to this error?

> I can access my mail through IMAP4 or OWA, but I need POP3.

> Thanks,
> Curtis Rutledge
> TCCI

1. POP3 Virtual Server Refuses to Start

Take a great care to provide a server for Exchange only whenever it is
possible.  This is really not a pretty good idea to keep running a bunch of
heavy applications on the same server than exchange.  That told, special
dedicated tools are included with softwares such as Norton AV Enterprise
Solution.

Mike Mercury
MCSE

2. hi babes

3. pop3 virtual server won't start

4. EXCHANGE 5.5 and NOKIA Communicator

5. Virtual POP3 Server did not start Instance 1

6. Delete messages from mailboxes

7. Help, POP3 Virtual Server cannot start.

8. Moving serveral accounts form a server to another. Problem with POP3 authentication

9. Exchange 2k3 POP3 Virtual Server doesn't start automatically

10. POP3 virtual server will not start

11. Start IMAP4 and POP3 Virtual Servers

12. POP3 virtual server will not start

13. Exchange 2000 server refuse to start