deleting a mailbox problems

Post by Shlom » Mon, 06 Nov 2000 04:00:00

right click the resource and run the cleanup agent , it will mark the mark
the mailbox in red
and then run the  purge

> The purge is "greyed" out...

> > Right click on the mailbox and select Purge.  This will delete it from
the
> > store.

> > -Rene Alamo,MCSE
> > Consultant

> > > In my mailbox store, there is a mailbox for "sales".

> > > I have gone through all my users and groups, and there is no sales
> mailbox
> > > listed in any account.

> > > I want to delete this mailbox.  How can I?

deleting a mailbox problems

Post by Greg DeSant » Tue, 07 Nov 2000 04:00:00

thanks.

> right click the resource and run the cleanup agent , it will mark the mark
> the mailbox in red
> and then run the  purge

> > The purge is "greyed" out...

> > > Right click on the mailbox and select Purge.  This will delete it from
> the
> > > store.

> > > -Rene Alamo,MCSE
> > > Consultant

> > mailbox

deleting a mailbox problems

Post by Joe Buc » Sat, 11 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Greg,
I'll bet that you have an OU called sales in AD.  Now the question that I'd
like answered is, "Is this default behavior?  If so, how do you turn it
off?"

Quote:> In my mailbox store, there is a mailbox for "sales".

> I have gone through all my users and groups, and there is no sales mailbox
> listed in any account.

> I want to delete this mailbox.  How can I?

1. Problem in deleting item in Exchange Mailbox

Hi,
I am working on a Email System using MS Win2k, SQL Server
2k, Exchange 2k. My task is to develop a

webpage email. It only provide the most basic function
like read/create emails with/without attachment

and delete the unused email.

I encounter problem when I try to delete the email. Can
anyone tell me how to delete a email with
a give UID of the email??

Actually, I find some source code on the web, but it does
not work when the subject of the email contain ":".
Here is the source:

strURL="file://./backofficestorage/abc.com/MBX/USERID/InBox/"
filename = strURL & "New Email Testing.EML"
Set Rec = CreateObject("ADODB.Record")
Rec.Open strURL,,adModeReadWrite
Rec.DeleteRecord(filename)
Rec.Close
set rec = nothing

I know there are third Party plug-in/software to do it.
However, my project cannot use these third-party stuff. As
a result, my only way to do so is using the CDO, CDONT...
those provided by microsoft. The aim of the project is to
develop a Web-based email system which cannot use the Web
Access since I still have other function that does not
provided by Web Access.

By the way, when I use the source code above, i got the
following error:

Object or data matching the name, range, or selection
criteria was not found within the scope of this operation.

Since I am sure that the path for the email to be deleted
must correct (As it is find by a querry through ADSI/LDAP
(i am not sure, but it must correct) )

Can anyone tell me how to solve the problem??

Thx

2. Exchange 5.5 restricting users mailbox

3. Problem using DAPIWrite to delete Exchange mailboxes

4. Exchange sends but doesn't recieve, i think this is a normal question using a POP box

5. Problem in deleting item in Exchange Mailbox

6. nntp / public folders ....

7. Mailbox delete Problem?

8. Problem with the PR_CONTENT_CORRELATOR property

9. Problem in deleting item in Exchange Mailbox

10. problems deleting mailboxes

11. Problem: mails are not deleted from mailbox

12. Create/Delete Mailbox problem after installation

13. Replication problem with Deleted Mailboxes