Store.exe possible memory leak?

Post by Jonatha » Tue, 06 May 2003 22:14:04

I've been trying to troubleshoot this problem for a
couple of weeks now, and I hope somebody can shed some
insight.

We're running Exchange 2k server sp3 in a Win 2k/XP pro
network.  Been stable for almost a year now.  All of the
sudden, with no apparent change to the configuration of
the exchange server, the mem usage for the Store.exe
process is growing out of control.  It had been steady at
about 210k for most of the year its been up, and then
started growing slowly up to 300k.  Right after that, I
started getting low memory errors, and added a gigabyte
of RAM to the server.  Within the two weeks since I added
that memory, the mem usage for Store.exe is now at 950k
and still apparently climbing.

Anyone have any clues?  I've been checking around in the
KB, and can't find anything about a memory leak in
Exchange 2k Server, but that's sure as heck what it looks
like from my chair.  Is there something else I can check?

Thanks!
Jonathan

Store.exe possible memory leak?

Post by Benoit Boudevill » Tue, 06 May 2003 23:13:24

The store.exe process eats as much as memory as it can. Basically, it
eats about 60% of the physcail memory available, don't worry too much.

You spoke i terms of K, I hope you meant Megs, not Kilobytes (otehrwise
that'd be a very very very very small memory usage =P)

> I've been trying to troubleshoot this problem for a
> couple of weeks now, and I hope somebody can shed some
> insight.

> We're running Exchange 2k server sp3 in a Win 2k/XP pro
> network.  Been stable for almost a year now.  All of the
> sudden, with no apparent change to the configuration of
> the exchange server, the mem usage for the Store.exe
> process is growing out of control.  It had been steady at
> about 210k for most of the year its been up, and then
> started growing slowly up to 300k.  Right after that, I
> started getting low memory errors, and added a gigabyte
> of RAM to the server.  Within the two weeks since I added
> that memory, the mem usage for Store.exe is now at 950k
> and still apparently climbing.

> Anyone have any clues?  I've been checking around in the
> KB, and can't find anything about a memory leak in
> Exchange 2k Server, but that's sure as heck what it looks
> like from my chair.  Is there something else I can check?

> Thanks!
> Jonathan

Store.exe possible memory leak?

Post by Nick Rosenfeld [MSFT » Wed, 07 May 2003 12:26:53

So are you actually seeing performance problems?  What events are you
seeing? (9582s ?)  How much physical memory is in the box?  Are you running
the standard or enterprise version of Windows?

--
Nick Rosenfeld [MS]

> The store.exe process eats as much as memory as it can. Basically, it
> eats about 60% of the physcail memory available, don't worry too much.

> You spoke i terms of K, I hope you meant Megs, not Kilobytes (otehrwise
> that'd be a very very very very small memory usage =P)

> > I've been trying to troubleshoot this problem for a
> > couple of weeks now, and I hope somebody can shed some
> > insight.

> > We're running Exchange 2k server sp3 in a Win 2k/XP pro
> > network.  Been stable for almost a year now.  All of the
> > sudden, with no apparent change to the configuration of
> > the exchange server, the mem usage for the Store.exe
> > process is growing out of control.  It had been steady at
> > about 210k for most of the year its been up, and then
> > started growing slowly up to 300k.  Right after that, I
> > started getting low memory errors, and added a gigabyte
> > of RAM to the server.  Within the two weeks since I added
> > that memory, the mem usage for Store.exe is now at 950k
> > and still apparently climbing.

> > Anyone have any clues?  I've been checking around in the
> > KB, and can't find anything about a memory leak in
> > Exchange 2k Server, but that's sure as heck what it looks
> > like from my chair.  Is there something else I can check?

> > Thanks!
> > Jonathan

1. Store.exe leaks memory until the Information Store stops responding

The information store memory usage grows slowly until the
server gets a lot of requests at once. Then is starts
using Memory like crazy (as quick as 5mins) until the
Virtual Memory is out. The store stops responding at that
point and will not answer requests. I cannot get the store
to stop at this point. It requires a restart to get
exchange back.

The server is an Exchange 2000 SP3, PIII 1Ghz, 512 RAM,
768 Virtual RAM. My current workaround is to restart the
Information Store before it runs out of VM. I have read
the previous posts about Exchange 2000 and Memory usage
this seems to be a different issue.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks, Jake

2. NNTP Setup problem

3. Store.exe leaking memory

4. Strange problem with OWA

5. IIS and STORE.exe memory leak

6. Removing Public Folders after removing site connector

7. XADM: A Memory Leak in Store.exe Degrades Performance

8. Limit Notification

9. STORE.EXE memory leaking

10. IIS and STORE.exe Memory leak

11. store.exe memory leak