Inbound SMTP fails

Post by Wayn » Sun, 01 Jun 2003 02:00:27

I have verified the DNS MX and host records. A remote SMTP
server will return the folowing.

"454 5.7.3 Client does not have permission to submit mail
to this server

The messages set in the queue of the remote host
eventually go to 554 fatal error.

This a Titanium installation.

Inbound SMTP fails

Post by MSFT » Mon, 02 Jun 2003 00:00:28

Make sure allow anonymous is checked on the Access -> Connections tab.

Quote:> I have verified the DNS MX and host records. A remote SMTP
> server will return the folowing.

> "454 5.7.3 Client does not have permission to submit mail
> to this server

> The messages set in the queue of the remote host
> eventually go to 554 fatal error.

> This a Titanium installation.

1. Inbound SMTP Mail Fails

We have an Exchange 5.5 (SP1) Server, that is not receiving SMTP mail.
Outgoing SMTP works fine, but incoming does not.  When watching the event
log, during and inbound attempt, the following is a summary of events:

    SMTP Interface Event
        A new TCP/IP SMTP connection has been received from host
blah.blah.blah

    MTA Transfer Event
        A MT_WAIT command has been received from .../....//.../...Internet
Mail Connector

    MTA Transfer Event
        A MT_WAIT command has been sent to /////Internet Mail Connector

And thats about it.  I have searched the KB, TechNet and all over the place
for these MT_WAIT or MA_WAIT commands, and have found nothing.  Sometimes
they are received and sent to the Public or Private folders, too.  I can
only imagine that these messages mean for some reason that the associated
object is not ready to receive the message, but why.  Internal Exchange mail
works great.

I have been banging my head over this all week, and cannot find anything.

TIA for any help on this one

Tyler Kline

2. changing from random upd ports to specific tcp ports for new mail notification

3. Exch. 5.5 and AD

4. SMTP Help - inbound mail denied with SMTP error 5.7.1

5. Exchange Server - Client problems ---Please Help!

6. smtp inbound routing to other smtp domains

7. Automated copy of Exchange DB

8. SMTP Help - inbound mail denied with SMTP error 5.7.1

9. Direct failed inbound mail to Admin mailbox under Exchange 2000

10. Some inbound messages fail.....

11. Some inbound messages fail...

12. IMC fails to receive new inbound messages