dif between distribution group and distribution list

dif between distribution group and distribution list

Post by user » Wed, 18 Jun 2003 00:20:46

what is the difference between a distribution group
and a distribution list

dif between distribution group and distribution list

Post by Mark Fugatt [MVP » Wed, 18 Jun 2003 00:26:16

Distribution Lists were the Exchange 5.5 equivalent of Exchange 2000
Distribution Groups.

--
Mark Fugatt
Microsoft Exchange MVP

Quote:> what is the difference between a distribution group
> and a distribution list

dif between distribution group and distribution list

Post by Lanwench [MVP - Exchange » Wed, 18 Jun 2003 00:26:55

Exchange 2000 uses the term 'distribution group' instead of distribution
list as was the case in earlier versions. Outlook/MAPI uses 'distribution
lists'.

> what is the difference between a distribution group
> and a distribution list

1. Distribution List of Distribution Lists

I want to have my Distribution Lists with Delivery Restrictions.  The
problem is that if I create a DL that contains another DL and I have
permissions on the container DL but not in the other one, I receipt a NRD.

Something like this:

I have department X and depatment Y distribution List.  This lists can
accept messages only from their members.  But I want to create a List
containing both of them, with access just for Directors.

Any idea???

Thanks

2. OWA: Not enough storage is available to process this command

3. Moving Personal Distribution Lists to Gloabl Distribution Lists

4. Migrating from Lotus Notes/Calendar data not in PST

5. Distribution Lists-Group Emails! HELP

6. WebDAV and an ID?

7. Synchronizing NT User Groups and Exchange Distribution Lists

8. Exchange error on 5.5

9. Clients can't see group members in Distribution List

10. Clients cant see group members in Distribution List

11. Distribution Lists based on Group Membership

12. Distribution Group not showing in Global Address List

13. Distribution Groups from 5.5 not seen in address list