ASP Free/Busy

Post by Terje Sten Bjerkset » Wed, 28 Apr 1999 04:00:00

I've had some difficulty getting this to work. Have anyone gotten the
example from Q195591
(http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q195/5/91.asp) to actually
work? Or is there a "better" version available that can work anonymously,
something like a teamschedule.xls only for ASP?
-tsb

ASP Free/Busy

Post by DennisB [MVP » Wed, 28 Apr 1999 04:00:00

why kind of errors are you getting?  anonymous errors?  What does the web
server report?

you may just need to add authentication to the page.

If you want anonymous access, maybe you may need to have the web service use
an NT account which has access to the free/busy info on th exch server.

Quote:> I've had some difficulty getting this to work. Have anyone gotten the
> example from Q195591
> (http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q195/5/91.asp) to
actually
> work? Or is there a "better" version available that can work anonymously,
> something like a teamschedule.xls only for ASP?
> -tsb

ASP Free/Busy

Post by Terje Sten Bjerkset » Fri, 30 Apr 1999 04:00:00

The line FreeBusyInfo =r.GetFreeBusy(objDate1,objDate2,60) returns
Err.Number = 438.
-tsb

Quote:> why kind of errors are you getting?  anonymous errors?  What does the web
> server report?

> you may just need to add authentication to the page.

> If you want anonymous access, maybe you may need to have the web service
use
> an NT account which has access to the free/busy info on th exch server.

ASP Free/Busy

Post by Terje Sten Bjerkset » Fri, 30 Apr 1999 04:00:00

BTW, I've also tried FreeBusyInfo = r.AddressEntry.GetFreeBusy(...), and it
has the same result. The other stuff in cdo seems to work. E.g. I can use
r.AddressEntry.Id.

cdo.dll is 5.0.2448.0. (Noticed that the system also has a cdonts.dll.)

-tsb

> The line FreeBusyInfo =r.GetFreeBusy(objDate1,objDate2,60) returns
> Err.Number = 438.
> -tsb

> > why kind of errors are you getting?  anonymous errors?  What does the
web
> > server report?

> > you may just need to add authentication to the page.

> > If you want anonymous access, maybe you may need to have the web service
> use
> > an NT account which has access to the free/busy info on th exch server.

1. Free / Busy Exchange ( SEND / RECIEVE Free/Busy Information ) problems

exchange 5.5 sp3

outlook 2000

under outlook send/receive there is an option to send/receive free/busy
information ( I would assume this means NOW, not in the default 15
minutes. )

however it is grayed out..

anyone know how to enable this?

What are others doing for quicker free/busy information published?  doesn't
it cause confusion if someone tries to schedule a resource within the same
15 minutes?? I have changed to 5 minutes, but don't know if it will
adversely affect the network performance.

thanks

mike

2. Mailbox Problems....

3. Lost my Free/Busy database (Schedule+ Free and Busy public folder)

4. Problem rebuilding DIRSYNC app from SDK !!!

5. free/busy interrogation with CDO /ASP

6. OWA Failed to install

7. how to poll MSX for users free busy

8. IMC: Error initializing outbound queue...

9. Getting Free Busy Time via CDO or another reference

10. Free/Busy

11. How do Microsoft implement free/busy ?

12. free/busy issues...

13. OL CW: Internet Free/Busy