Please, Please, HELP!

Post by Alex » Sun, 30 Sep 2001 12:09:33

I'v demoted my Active Directory that had Exchange Server
Enterprise 2000.  And now I CANNOT use Exchange server!!!
How do I connect my new PDC (Windows 2000) to this
Exchange server??? or vice versa?  I thought this will be
a pretty straight-forward process, but BOY AM I WRONG~~

MANY thanks for any help.

Alex

Please, Please, HELP!

Post by Ronn » Fri, 05 Oct 2001 00:34:38

Propably not the answer you want, but:

Exchange 2000 depends on AD to work. All properties in E2K
are stored in AD. My best bet is: try a restore of the AD.

//R

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I'v demoted my Active Directory that had Exchange Server
>Enterprise 2000.  And now I CANNOT use Exchange
server!!!
>How do I connect my new PDC (Windows 2000) to this
>Exchange server??? or vice versa?  I thought this will be
>a pretty straight-forward process, but BOY AM I WRONG~~

>MANY thanks for any help.

>Alex
>.

Please, Please, HELP!

Post by Jason Nola » Sat, 03 Nov 2001 07:09:26

I have also run into the same situation.  I am an IT consultant in Boston.
I have taken on a new company who have a serious AD issue.  Their previous
tech, atempted a Mail migration where the 1 and only DC was a running
Exchange 2k.  Well he ran dcpromo first before migrating the mail.  Not
really the step I would take!  Well the real problem is that there are no
backups, or else I would have done that.  Is there any way to upgrade or use
a restore the AD using the sysvol info that may still exist.  I have also
heard that you can copy off the exchange databases. reestablish an exchange
server and import the databases.  The mailboxes will show up as unasigned.
then you could export the mail.  Does anyone have any experience with such a
number of silly mistakes.

Quote:> I'v demoted my Active Directory that had Exchange Server
> Enterprise 2000.  And now I CANNOT use Exchange server!!!
> How do I connect my new PDC (Windows 2000) to this
> Exchange server??? or vice versa?  I thought this will be
> a pretty straight-forward process, but BOY AM I WRONG~~

> MANY thanks for any help.

> Alex

1. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP

I am running Exchange Server2000 on a Win2K network.

nextgenerationsolutions.com being our default domain. However I also have an
additional domain: nextexecutive.com - I would our exchange server to also
recieve mail from this address and automatically forward it to each individual
users default mailbox (the email prefixes are the same for each domain).

How can I do this.

William

2. HELP DapiWrite DapiRead

3. PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

4. Lotus Notes Inbox transport agent "where is one?"

5. offline defrag, please please help

6. " M " drive is gone. error 7001 and 7024. Thank yoy

7. Can't receive email - PLEASE PLEASE HELP

8. Global Address List

9. mail delivered on our behalf--PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!

10. please please help !!!!

11. Please, Please help with Exchange 2000 setup

12. PLEASE PLEASE HELP: Address Book View Permissions

13. Please,Please help - URGENT