Outlook 2000 in XP Pro connect to Exchange 2K timeout

Outlook 2000 in XP Pro connect to Exchange 2K timeout

Post by S. T. Won » Wed, 14 May 2003 12:48:56

Dear All,

I have just purchase a new notebook running XP Pro, and installed Office
2000.

When the Outlook 2000 connect to the Exchange 2K server, the connection in
always timeout in first time, if in this time I click the retry button the
Outlook will connect to Exchange 2K immediately.

The above problem hasn't found in other machine run Win9x, WinNT and Win2K
Pro.

Do you have any suggestion to solve this problem?

Thanks.

S. T. Wong

Outlook 2000 in XP Pro connect to Exchange 2K timeout

Post by Mike Huls » Wed, 14 May 2003 18:41:43

Change Your Exchange Server address from the netbios name to it's IP
address, this will test the connection etc.  If it still persists you can
add a lmhosts file with server details included.  Double check your WINS and
DNS settings as well.

Quote:> Dear All,

> I have just purchase a new notebook running XP Pro, and installed Office
> 2000.

> When the Outlook 2000 connect to the Exchange 2K server, the connection in
> always timeout in first time, if in this time I click the retry button the
> Outlook will connect to Exchange 2K immediately.

> The above problem hasn't found in other machine run Win9x, WinNT and Win2K
> Pro.

> Do you have any suggestion to solve this problem?

> Thanks.

> S. T. Wong

1. Can't connect XP Pro client to Exchange 2000

I am trying to connect Outlook 2000 on a Windows XP Professional box to
Exchange 2000.  I have to use the IP address of the Exchange Server to
"Check Name".  If I use the name of the server it times out.  With the IP it
finds the user and changes the server to the server name.  If I try to do
anything else after that it acts as if it is not connected.  I am doing this
remotely, over the Internet.  Other users are successful.  I don't know if
anyone else is running XP.  Any thoughts?

--

Brad Oby

2. Event ID 1023 Failure Audit Errors

3. Rebuilding Exchange 5.5 on new equipment

4. Outlook XP not connecting/hanging when connecting to Exchange 2000

5. Proxy Addresses

6. Outlook 2000, Windows XP Pro, and Exchange 5.5

7. Creating a Dynamic Recipient List based on Contact Category

8. Survey: Exchange 5.5, Outlook 2000, Windows XP Pro

9. Win XP Pro & Exchange 2K

10. Exchange Server 2k and XP Pro

11. SBS2k, Exchange 2k, OWA, and Windows XP Pro

12. Outook 2K client on Win XP Pro machine Not seeing Exch 5.5