Exchange 2000 mysteriously filling up hard drive

Exchange 2000 mysteriously filling up hard drive

Post by scub » Sat, 09 Mar 2002 00:44:26

Yesterday... on Exchange server SP1 on Windows 2000 my
information store crashed..  I managed to go into services
and restart the store...  i came in this morning and c:
drive had dropped 1 gig in free space.  My information
stores are located on my E: drive and my transaction logs
are only about 48mb in size.  For the life of me i can't
figure out what would have consumed 1 gig.  I looked in
the mail queue and it is also empty.  It looked like from
the event viewer that it had done it's own recovery and
got everything back up and working.  I just need to find
out what that 1 gig of stuff is..

thanks in advance..!!

Exchange 2000 mysteriously filling up hard drive

Post by Chri » Sat, 09 Mar 2002 21:08:27

No idea at all but have found DiskData (shareware/trial)
a useful tool for tracking down * big files that
suddenly spring up. You might find it useful.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Yesterday... on Exchange server SP1 on Windows 2000 my
>information store crashed..  I managed to go into
services
>and restart the store...  i came in this morning and c:
>drive had dropped 1 gig in free space.  My information
>stores are located on my E: drive and my transaction
logs
>are only about 48mb in size.  For the life of me i can't
>figure out what would have consumed 1 gig.  I looked in
>the mail queue and it is also empty.  It looked like
from
>the event viewer that it had done it's own recovery and
>got everything back up and working.  I just need to find
>out what that 1 gig of stuff is..

>thanks in advance..!!
>.

Exchange 2000 mysteriously filling up hard drive

Post by Kevi » Sun, 17 Mar 2002 07:13:50

Hi,

if you have diagnostic logging turned to Maximum on the information store,
you can chew up GB's of disk space on the c:\program files\exchsrvr\mtadata
directory.

Kevin

Quote:> No idea at all but have found DiskData (shareware/trial)
> a useful tool for tracking down * big files that
> suddenly spring up. You might find it useful.

1. Exchange 2000 server mysteriously filling up hard drive

Yesterday... on Exchange server SP1 on Windows 2000 my
information store crashed..  I managed to go into services
and restart the store...  i came in this morning and c:
drive had dropped 1 gig in free space.  My information
stores are located on my E: drive and my transaction logs
are only about 48mb in size.  For the life of me i can't
figure out what would have consumed 1 gig.  I looked in
the mail queue and it is also empty.  It looked like from
the event viewer that it had done it's own recovery and
got everything back up and working.  I just need to find
out what that 1 gig of stuff is..

thanks in advance..!!

2. customer action?

3. PLEASE HELP !Exchange 2000 server is mysteriously filling up hard drive

4. Purge the log files

5. Exchange 2000 Server mysteriously filling up hard drive...

6. Exchange Server Manager

7. Log files mysteriously filling up my drive

8. Up Sh*t's Creek- Message store DUMPED! HELP

9. Exchange Growing to fill the whole hard drive

10. Exchange server 5.5 filling up hard drive

11. Exchange Growing to fill the whole hard drive

12. Exchange 2000 mysteriously filling hard drive... PLEASE HELP..

13. hard drive filling up