Unable to Relay error from OE55 IMAP client

Unable to Relay error from OE55 IMAP client

Post by Robert R Kircher, Jr » Thu, 16 May 2002 00:14:55

I am receiving the following error from some OE clients when the user tries
to send an email through our exchange server.  I do have relay set to
authentication and OE is set to pass user name and password when it sends a
message.  Message sent to address within the exchange domain name work fine.

What am I missing?

OE Send Error:
The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by

My Email', Account: "mydomain.com", Server: exchange.mydomain.com, Protocol:

Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

--

Rob

Post by John Eddy - M » Thu, 16 May 2002 08:48:05

> I am receiving the following error from some OE clients when the user tries
> to send an email through our exchange server.  I do have relay set to
> authentication and OE is set to pass user name and password when it sends a
> message.  Message sent to address within the exchange domain name work fine.

> What am I missing?

> OE Send Error:
> The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by

> My Email', Account: "mydomain.com", Server: exchange.mydomain.com, Protocol:

> Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

Only some clients get the others?  I'm making the assumption that some
pop3/imap4 clients work then?  Did you check the box for SPA
authentication?  It should not be checked.  Are the users who are unable
to send mail able to receive mail?  What version of OE are you using on
the clients that fail?

John Eddy
Exchange Communities PM
--
Note: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers
no rights.

Unable to Relay error from OE55 IMAP client

Post by Robert R Kircher, Jr » Fri, 17 May 2002 05:47:36

In this case it is ONE.5.  I have 3 identical exchange systems and right now
one will not allow relay even with user name and password.  I haven't had
the time yet to compare the server that isn't allowing the relay with the
server this is, but when I do I hope I'll find the problems.  I'll let you
know.

--

Rob

> > I am receiving the following error from some OE clients when the user
tries
> > to send an email through our exchange server.  I do have relay set to
> > authentication and OE is set to pass user name and password when it
sends a
> > message.  Message sent to address within the exchange domain name work
fine.

> > What am I missing?

> > OE Send Error:
> > The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected
by

'Re:
> > My Email', Account: "mydomain.com", Server: exchange.mydomain.com,
Protocol:
> > SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for

Quote:> > Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79