Incoming & Outgoing Scan and Process (not viruses)

Incoming & Outgoing Scan and Process (not viruses)

Post by kevin.. » Thu, 18 Jan 2001 08:00:19

Using Exchange, when a particular user (as defined by some sort of User
Group) SENDS ANY e-mail, we would like to perform the following steps:

1) Check the subject line for a specific sequence of characters
IF NOT FOUND, deliver the mail as normal
IF FOUND:
a) Execute some VB or VB like code that will add a record to the ORACLE
(ODBC) database (taking some record information from the Subject and
possibly the message body) and possibly create an archive of the e-mail
b) Deliver the mail as normal

For all INCOMING mail, again to a particular Group of users, perform
the following steps:

1) Check the subject line for a specific sequence of characters
IF NOT FOUND, deliver the mail as normal
IF FOUND:
a) Just like (a) above
b) If there is an attachment, determine the extension and COPY the
attachment to an appropriate directory.
b1) Possibly add another record as in (a)
c) Deliver the mail as normal

We want this process to be transparent to the users.

Any assistance would be deeply appreciated!

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

1. Incoming & Outgoing Scan and Process (not viruses)

[...]

2. Message is resent repeatedly

3. Incoming & Outgoing Scan and Process (not for viruses)

4. custom install of client

5. Virus Scan Trend Micro Virus Scan or McAfee Groupshield

6. Conference Room

7. Incoming & Outgoing Scan & Process

8. Creating Exchange scripts programmatically

9. Scanning incoming mail attachments for Viruses?

10. How can I process incoming and outgoing messages