Exchange 2000 Instant messaging with MSN messenger works everywhere except 1 computer

Exchange 2000 Instant messaging with MSN messenger works everywhere except 1 computer

Post by David Ogletr » Mon, 05 Aug 2002 16:29:23

I just installed Exchange 2000.  I have got everything working
everywhere except one computer can not log on to the instant messaging
service.  I can get that user to work on other machines but not on
his.  I can't get any user to work on that machine.  Why is MSN

to the client and says "click here to log on".  If I try a wrong
credential it says I could not log in.  Why does it just go to this
limbo?  This is driving me nuts I have everything working.  I have
tried reinstalling TCP IP on his computer and that did not work.  I
gues I may just have to reinstall the OS.  I could also try putting in
a different LAN card.

Exchange 2000 Instant messaging with MSN messenger works everywhere except 1 computer

Post by Mark Fugat » Mon, 05 Aug 2002 16:35:05

Does the machine that is not working have IE configured to use a Proxy
Server?

--
Mark Fugatt
Pentech Office Solutions Inc

> I just installed Exchange 2000.  I have got everything working
> everywhere except one computer can not log on to the instant messaging
> service.  I can get that user to work on other machines but not on
> his.  I can't get any user to work on that machine.  Why is MSN

> to the client and says "click here to log on".  If I try a wrong
> credential it says I could not log in.  Why does it just go to this
> limbo?  This is driving me nuts I have everything working.  I have
> tried reinstalling TCP IP on his computer and that did not work.  I
> gues I may just have to reinstall the OS.  I could also try putting in
> a different LAN card.

Exchange 2000 Instant messaging with MSN messenger works everywhere except 1 computer

Post by David Ogletr » Tue, 06 Aug 2002 10:32:45

No it is not set up to use a Proxy server.  I also put in a different
LAN card and it still does it.  I don't know what to do.

> Does the machine that is not working have IE configured to use a Proxy
> Server?

> --
> Mark Fugatt
> Pentech Office Solutions Inc
> www.4mcts.com
> Visit www.msexchange.org for practical information on Microsoft Exchange

> --- Please respond to this newsgroup and not directly via Email ---

> > I just installed Exchange 2000.  I have got everything working
> > everywhere except one computer can not log on to the instant messaging
> > service.  I can get that user to work on other machines but not on
> > his.  I can't get any user to work on that machine.  Why is MSN

> > to the client and says "click here to log on".  If I try a wrong
> > credential it says I could not log in.  Why does it just go to this
> > limbo?  This is driving me nuts I have everything working.  I have
> > tried reinstalling TCP IP on his computer and that did not work.  I
> > gues I may just have to reinstall the OS.  I could also try putting in
> > a different LAN card.

Exchange 2000 Instant messaging with MSN messenger works everywhere except 1 computer

Post by Loui » Wed, 07 Aug 2002 09:13:41

I am having authentication problems as well. The problem I
am having is described in KB q278974 and q319758.  Would
be interested to know if you have found a resolution.

it just goes
>to the client and says "click here to log on".  If I try
a wrong
>credential it says I could not log in.  Why does it just
go to this
>limbo?  This is driving me nuts I have everything
working.  I have
>tried reinstalling TCP IP on his computer and that did
not work.  I
>gues I may just have to reinstall the OS.  I could also
try putting in
>a different LAN card.
>.

Exchange 2000 Instant messaging with MSN messenger works everywhere except 1 computer

Post by David Ogletr » Thu, 15 Aug 2002 06:28:47

Well the resolution was that I had another computer that was exactly
the same that was working and I ghoted it.   That fixed it.

> I am having authentication problems as well. The problem I
> am having is described in KB q278974 and q319758.  Would
> be interested to know if you have found a resolution.

1. How to get instant messenger service to work on Exchange 2000

I have installed Exchange 2000 on my clients server. and
I was told that you can host a messenger server from
Exchange. I noticed this but I don't know how to make the
workstations link to the server. How do I confiure the
server and the clients so they can have there internal
chat?

2. EDB corruption

3. Exchange MSN Instant Messenger

4. CDO.dll has 2 month Free/Busy limitation?

5. Exchange Instant Messeging & MSN Messenger problem

6. Moving from ex2000 back to 5.5

7. Exchange and MSN Instant Messenger.....

8. British Data Protection Act

9. https ssl and msn instant messenger

10. MSN Instant Messenger contacts location

11. MSN Instant Messenger

12. MSN Instant Messenger Logging

13. MSN Instant Messenger