Newbe stupid question

Post by Mark Fugat » Mon, 07 Jan 2002 14:02:08

It can be installed on a standalone server, but you must have Active
Directory running within your network for Exchange 2000 to function.

Let me know if you need more info and I can email you some documents

--
Mark Fugatt
Pentech Office Solutions Inc

Quote:> My boss wants Exchange 2000 so I adapt. I got the
> Microsoft Book but know where does it tell me whether or
> not Exchange has to be install on a DC or can it be
> installed on a standalone server.

> Thx Jon

Newbe stupid question

Post by Rene Alam » Mon, 07 Jan 2002 15:02:59

Just follow the documents located at the sites listed below, for detailed
info.

--
Rene Alamo, MCSE
MCS/Consultant

Please reply to newsgroup so we can all share in the knowledge.

Further info:
www.microsoft.com/exchange
www.microsoft.com/technet
www.exinternals.com

Quote:> My boss wants Exchange 2000 so I adapt. I got the
> Microsoft Book but know where does it tell me whether or
> not Exchange has to be install on a DC or can it be
> installed on a standalone server.

> Thx Jon

Newbe stupid question

Post by Intermedia.NE » Mon, 07 Jan 2002 18:53:56

Check Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/e2kfaq.htm

Intermedia.NET (VS)
Microsoft Certified Solutions Provider
Providing expertise in hosting applications
MS Exchange Hosting: http://www.intermedia.net/exchangehosting
Windows 2000 Web Hosting: http://www.intermedia.net/webhosting
For a waiver of the set up fee use "IMFREE" code