OWA problem through firewall

Post by Dan » Thu, 31 Jan 2002 01:50:37

We just installed Exchange 2000 last weekend.  So far, so
good.  We have had a problem with accessing the OWA
through the firewall.  (problem is related to WebDAV
support)  I have had some suggestions that we need to use
SSL to work around this, but we don't know how to set up
SSL.  I found a KnowledgeBase article (Q296232) that seems
to indicate that I can add a registry entry to force OWA
to not use some WebDAV methods, making it friendly with
the firewall.  I tried the registry entry and it does not
seem to make any difference.

Has anybody else successfully used this registry hack?
Any other ideas?

Thanks

Dan

1. Problems getting OWA working behind a firewall

Please help...
I am trying to get OWA working behind a NAT firewall.
Details are as follows

Internet ->
Firewall ->
IIS Server (URL Redirection from
http://internetdomain/exchange to
http://servername/exchange) ->
Exchange (OWA)

The concept was the access OWA by typing
http://internetdomain/exchange

I can authenticate, after that it looks like the client on
the internet side is trying to redirect its requests
directly to http://servername/exchange instead of via the
firewall and local DNS.

I am only using a Dynamic internet DNS name, so i am
unable to simply purchase another DNS entry or sub entry.
I have tried using another port and redirecting those
requests directly to the exchange server, but that doesnt
seem to work either...

Any ideas? Pweease help...

Matt

2. Exchange 2000 events:

3. Problem with OWA through firewall

4. Peformance issues with large attachements

5. Exchange 2000, OWA, Nimda, .EML files, Firewall ... problem

6. EX2K - Missing Domain Controller

7. OWA firewall problem

8. How do I move ALL info from Exchange4.0 to 5.5?

9. Problems with OWA and firewall.

10. Logon problem with OWA behind firewall

11. OWA problems behind checkpoint firewall

12. OWA and PIX firewall problem

13. OWA access Problem when exchange is behind Firewall