problems with MSDN MAPI samples

Post by serg » Thu, 05 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Hi everybody,

I'm testing samples of MSDN about MAPI. And the manager.sh causes me
some problems.
I had errors during compilation with ressources but tis is resolved. Now

I'm trying to install smh32.dll in mail services. For this I follow the
instructions in the README.TXT given in the sample and I have an error
after filling MAPISVC.INF.

I have add in MAPISVC.INF

SMH=Sample Mail Handler
[Sample Mail Handler]
Providers=SMH
PR_SERVICE_DLL_NAME=SMH32.DLL
PR_SERVICE_DELETE_FILES=SMH32.DLL
PR_SERVICE_SUPPORT_FILES=SMH32.DLL
PR_SERVICE_ENTRY_NAME=ServiceEntry
PR_RESOURCE_FLAGS=SERVICE_SINGLE_COPY
WIZARD_ENTRY_NAME=WizardEntry
[SMH]
PR_PROVIDER_DLL_NAME=SMH32.dll
PR_RESOURCE_TYPE=MAPI_HOOK_PROVIDER
PR_PROVIDER_DISPLAY=Sample Mail Handler
PR_RESOURCE_FLAGS=HOOK_INBOUND|HOOK_OUTBOUND

The error appears when I try to add a service in Microsoft Outlook
Properties (Applet Mail in the control panel).
The error is : "The action service couldn't be completed. Either the
information service does not possess properties required for
configuration, or the MAPI configuration file entry point couldn't be
determined".

Thanks.