Event ID 4093 and Event ID 4128

Post by Greg Shar » Tue, 10 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Could Anyone please help

I go to Event Viewer and I get these 2 Event IDs:

Event ID 4093:

The Error code 2 was returned when trying to remove spool file
D:\Exchsrvr\imcdata\in\4L90HY9D.This file may cause duplicate mail to be
sent when the server ic restarted.

Event ID 4128:

Failure setting file attributes on file D:\Exchsrvr\imcdata\in\4L90HY9D.The
error code was The system cannot find the file specified.
This is an unexpected error and the IMS is shutting down

Thank you
Greg Share

Event ID 4093 and Event ID 4128

Post by djfixx » Tue, 10 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Try Technet

Quote:> Could Anyone please help

> I go to Event Viewer and I get these 2 Event IDs:

> Event ID 4093:

> The Error code 2 was returned when trying to remove spool file
> D:\Exchsrvr\imcdata\in\4L90HY9D.This file may cause duplicate mail to be
> sent when the server ic restarted.

> Event ID 4128:

> Failure setting file attributes on file

D:\Exchsrvr\imcdata\in\4L90HY9D.The
Quote:> error code was The system cannot find the file specified.
> This is an unexpected error and the IMS is shutting down

> Thank you
> Greg Share

Event ID 4093 and Event ID 4128

Post by James Davi » Thu, 12 Oct 2000 04:00:00

I had the same problem, ended up being caused by  virus protection software.

Possible cause:
IMS (internet mail service) is downloading email and saves the messages in
"\exchsrvr\imcdata\in\*email file*" (4L90HY9D in your case), to be processed
and delivered.  The virus software, on your server, is scanning all
accessed/new files and see a virus in the incoming mail folder
(\exchsrvr\imcdata\in\*email file*).  It tries to clean the file but fails,
so the file is deleted or moved.  Exchange comes back to get the stored
email file and finds it gone.  Errors are caused due do the missing *email
file*.

How to prevented:
Tell the virus software to exclude "\exchsrvr\" directory.  Make sure you
have a virus program for scanning your email (after all, the virus trying to
breach your system is indirectly causing this problem).

How to recover:
It should recover after you restart the IMS service.  If not, turn off IMS.
Go into "\exchsrvr\imcdata\" and look for "queue.dat" and rename it (this
will reset the queue on the server).  Then restart the IMS service.

Hope this helps,
James

Quote:> Could Anyone please help

> I go to Event Viewer and I get these 2 Event IDs:

> Event ID 4093:

> The Error code 2 was returned when trying to remove spool file
> D:\Exchsrvr\imcdata\in\4L90HY9D.This file may cause duplicate mail to be
> sent when the server ic restarted.

> Event ID 4128:

> Failure setting file attributes on file

D:\Exchsrvr\imcdata\in\4L90HY9D.The
Quote:> error code was The system cannot find the file specified.
> This is an unexpected error and the IMS is shutting down

> Thank you
> Greg Share

1. Event ID 4093 and Event ID 4128

Periodically, I am getting these two errors in the Application Log on the
Exchange Server:

Event ID: 4093
Source: MSExchangeIMC
Type: Error
Category: Internal Processing
file E:\EXCHSRVR\imcdata\in\YRJ98541. This file may cause duplicate mail to
be sent when the server is restarted.

Event ID: 4128
Source: MSExchangeIMC
Type: Error
Category: Internal Processing
E:\EXCHSRVR\imcdata\in\YRJ98541. The error code returned was The system
cannot find the file specified. This is an unexpected error and the IMS is
shutting down.

I tried looking up these two errors in the MS Knowledgebase but could not
find anything about them. Has anyone come across these errors before? Can
anyone shed some light on them?

Thank you.

2. read emails

3. Wildcard alias for inbound mail?