Implementing event sinks - Warning: stupid question :-)

Implementing event sinks - Warning: stupid question :-)

Post by Thomas Christman » Wed, 08 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Hi!

I feel kinda silly asking this, but I just don't really get it:

I used the Event Sink Wizard for VB 6.0 (included in Ex2K SDK) to make mself
a nice little VB module,
that is supposed to catch certain events as they happen in the store (Mail
arrives...). It compiles into
a DLL.
Now comes the silly question: What am I supposed to do with that DLL? When
will it catch the
events? Certainly not by just lying around in my temp folder...
I made another VB Project, and tried to link in the DLL, which even works.
But now what?
Is adding the DLL to my exe-to-be enough to catch the events, when the .exe
is running? Or do
I have to do something else?

Thanks for your patience and possibly your help,

Thomas

Implementing event sinks - Warning: stupid question :-)

Post by Thomas Christman » Thu, 09 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Okay, no more help needed, I figured it out.

Implementing event sinks - Warning: stupid question :-)

Post by Anja » Thu, 22 Feb 2001 22:56:52

Hi ,

Can you please elaborate on the solution and and also point me in the
direction of this Event Wizard

Anjam.

Quote:> Okay, no more help needed, I figured it out.

1. Implement Workflow Event Sink???

Hello,
I'd like to implement a workflow event sink
but encounter a problem:
how can I bind the item to the ProcessInstance
before it's saved to the folder?
(i.e. during the begin phase in the OnSyncSave method
of IExStoreSinkEvents )

The ProcessInstance object's DataSource can only
bind the item by OpenObject (since the item doesn't
exist in the destination folder at this moment, "Open"
is not an option). But OpenObject doesn't support
ADO Record objects .
What can I do??

Please help !!!
Thanks a lot!!!
Catherine Shen   (?s)

2. ADS & Exchange 2000

3. Stupid idiot needs to know how to implement calendar sharing :-)

4. Schedule+ Free/Busy connector

5. SMTP Protocol Event Sink questions

6. IMS connector

7. Event Sink Exchange 2000 Question

8. MS Exchange 5.5 Icons

9. A question on event sinks

10. question about Event Sink

11. Exchange event sink questions.

12. Question about event sink

13. Implementing a Categorizer Sink / Bifurcation