Adressbook for POP or IMAP-Clients

Post by Torsten Laie » Fri, 16 May 2003 21:25:53

Hi NG,

I wonder if it is possible to distribute a GAL for POP- and IMAP-Clients. I
don't want to allow LDAP from outside.

Anyone an idea ?

regards

Torsten

Adressbook for POP or IMAP-Clients

Post by Mark Fugatt [MVP » Fri, 16 May 2003 21:26:33

No, if you dont want them to use LDAP then you cannot do it.

--
Mark Fugatt
Microsoft Exchange MVP

Quote:> Hi NG,

> I wonder if it is possible to distribute a GAL for POP- and IMAP-Clients.
> don't want to allow LDAP from outside.

> Anyone an idea ?

> regards

> Torsten

1. Outlook Client- use POP or IMAP??

I was thinking how to connect Outlook 2000 on a mobile system to Exchange
Server 5.5 over the Internet.

About half the time it's connected directly via a network connection, so no
problem there. But the other half the time, it's dialing into local ISP's.
I'd like to get it connected via the Internet back to the Exchange Server
system. If it can't be done directly (as just a slow connection over a
modem), will POP3 or an IMAP connection using Remote Mail in OL2000 work? I
know I can use POP3 or IMAP to access the Exchange Server over the Internet,
but how does Remote Mail merge with the direct mail access when using the
live network connection to the Exchange Server system?

Thanks for any insight,
Colin

2. OL2000 - any suggestions for a good book?

3. IMAP client (Pocket PC client using IMAP)

4. exchange 2000 instant messaging

5. mac clients pop and imap errors

6. MS Exchange 2000 Enterprise Server

7. Disclaimer not added to mail sent by IMAP / POP clients through S MTP

8. restricting forward of an Email message

9. Disclaimer not added to mail sent by IMAP / POP clients through SMTP

10. IMAP and POP client Error....

11. Selective POP or IMAP for specific users in 5.5

12. Selective POP or IMAP to users in 5.5

13. POP and IMAP no Longer works after SP2