Cannot receive email from certain address/domain

Cannot receive email from certain address/domain

Post by wend » Wed, 03 Apr 2002 04:07:51

i posted this question a little earlier and now have a bit
more info.

a client of ours keeps getting her emails to us rejected
with a fatal error message.  this problem has been very
consistent with this one client.

any suggestions and solutions would be greatly
appreciated!  as i and others here are not very familiar
with exchange (no inhouse tech support).  thanks very
much!!!

wendi

Cannot receive email from certain address/domain

Post by Kevin Mille » Wed, 03 Apr 2002 11:57:47

Have them contact there ISP and complain that it is a routing error. then
play dumb. Them might bet a smart tech who can help you out.

--
~Kevinm WLKMMAS

Quote:> i posted this question a little earlier and now have a bit
> more info.

> a client of ours keeps getting her emails to us rejected
> with a fatal error message.  this problem has been very
> consistent with this one client.

> any suggestions and solutions would be greatly
> appreciated!  as i and others here are not very familiar
> with exchange (no inhouse tech support).  thanks very
> much!!!

> wendi

Cannot receive email from certain address/domain

Post by <david.b.. » Wed, 03 Apr 2002 19:19:50

So can this client send to any of your accounts? If the
problem is to every account and you are able to receive
mail from other external clients I would suspect maybe you
have some anti-spam feature blocking their connection. Do
you carry out reverse DNS lookup's on hosts connecting to
your servers?  If you do and the client's mail host is not
listed in the DNS your servers refer too then your SMTP
server would refuse connections from it.
Also can this remote client's email system send mail to
addresses other than yours without problems?  Have they
established that their server is actually trying to
connect to yours? Without knowing what product they use
it's difficult to suggest much but normally with most
products there will be a way of setting logging to a level
where you can see at an SMTP protocol level everything
your server is trying to do. This normally would show what
is going wrong when routing to a particular domain.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>i posted this question a little earlier and now have a
bit
>more info.

>a client of ours keeps getting her emails to us rejected
>with a fatal error message.  this problem has been very
>consistent with this one client.

>any suggestions and solutions would be greatly
>appreciated!  as i and others here are not very familiar
>with exchange (no inhouse tech support).  thanks very
>much!!!

>wendi
>.

1. cannot receive email from certain email address/domain

hi-

a manager of mine has a client who CONSISTENTLY gets her
emails returned to her when she sends it to my manager.
to the best of my knowledge, she is sending to a valid
smtp address for my manager, but it always gets rejected
and returned to her.

we run exchange 5.5 and some service pack and the client
is outlook.  i'm not familiar with any of this, so thank
you very much for any suggestions!!!

wendi

2. ADC - moving account from 5.5 to 2000 sometimes leaves orphaned 5.5 account

3. Cannot receive certain emails

4. Running Exchnage Administrator on a Win98 SE machine

5. Can't receive email from certain domains

6. adress book

7. Can't receive emails from certain domains

8. Exchange client locks up with multiple delete... Help

9. Not receiving email from certain domains, help.

10. cannot send email to a certain domain

11. cannot send email to certain domains

12. Cannot send email to certain hotmail addresses

13. Exchange 5.0 - Cannot send email to certain addresses