Exchange 2000 on XP Pro OS

Post by Jason Verne » Wed, 02 Jan 2002 00:23:59

Just curious if Exchange 2000 will run on the XP Pro
operating system. I'm guessing that it will probably not
but just curious.

Thanks,

Jason Verner
Network Administrator
TXOL Internet

Exchange 2000 on XP Pro OS

Post by T. » Wed, 02 Jan 2002 13:52:31

Quote:>Just curious if Exchange 2000 will run on the XP Pro
>operating system. I'm guessing that it will probably not
>but just curious.

>Thanks,

>Jason Verner
>Network Administrator
>TXOL Internet

No.  It requires Server.  XP Server isn't out yet.

-T.

Exchange 2000 on XP Pro OS

Post by Rene Alam » Fri, 04 Jan 2002 14:16:59

XP Server or .NET Server Beta 3 is out and available if you have MSDN.

--
Rene Alamo, MCSE
Consultant

Please reply to newsgroup so we can all share in the knowledge.

Further info:
www.microsoft.com/exchange
www.microsoft.com/technet
www.exinternals.com

Quote:> Just curious if Exchange 2000 will run on the XP Pro
> operating system. I'm guessing that it will probably not
> but just curious.

> Thanks,

> Jason Verner
> Network Administrator
> TXOL Internet

Exchange 2000 on XP Pro OS

Post by Peter L. Thoma » Sun, 06 Jan 2002 05:36:11

On a slightly different note, I'm trying desperately to install the
Administrative Tools for Exchange 2000 on my Windows XP Professional box. No
can do! I have to install the Windows 2000 adminpak.msi, which is not
compatible with Windows XP.

The Exchange 2000 installer does not recognize the Windows XP Server beta
adminpak.msi as a valid Windows 2000 administrative tools.

It's a real "Catch-22." Any ideas?

--Pete

Exchange 2000 on XP Pro OS

Post by Siegfried Weber [MVP » Sun, 06 Jan 2002 22:16:27

Quote:

> On a slightly different note, I'm trying desperately to install the
> Administrative Tools for Exchange 2000 on my Windows XP Professional box.
No
> can do! I have to install the Windows 2000 adminpak.msi, which is not
> compatible with Windows XP.

Right.

Quote:> The Exchange 2000 installer does not recognize the Windows XP Server beta
> adminpak.msi as a valid Windows 2000 administrative tools.

I don't know what you refer to with "Windows XP Server beta adminpak.msi"
but I just downloaded and installed the Windows .NET Server beta 3 adminpak
which installs on Windows XP without a problem. I haven't tried to install
the Exchange system management tools yet but I expect it will work with
them.

You can download them from:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/release.asp?ReleaseID=34032
--
<Siegfried />

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) - Exchange Server
Co-author of "Professional CDO Programming", Wrox Press 1999

CDOLive - The Premier Resource for Microsoft Messaging and Collaboration
Application Development
http://www.cdolive.com

Please reply to the newsgroups so that others can benefit from the
discussion.
Questions by e-mail are discarded without further notice.

1. Outlook 2000 in XP Pro connect to Exchange 2K timeout

Dear All,

I have just purchase a new notebook running XP Pro, and installed Office
2000.

When the Outlook 2000 connect to the Exchange 2K server, the connection in
always timeout in first time, if in this time I click the retry button the
Outlook will connect to Exchange 2K immediately.

The above problem hasn't found in other machine run Win9x, WinNT and Win2K
Pro.

Do you have any suggestion to solve this problem?

Thanks.

S. T. Wong

2. Bridgehead server not sending mail to mailbox server quickly enough SMTP

3. Win XP Pro & Exchange 2000

4. Exchange Backup or Seagate Backup

5. Administration of Exchange 2000 with XP Pro

6. PANIC! AV software "deleted" all files in information store

7. Exchange 2000 System Manager on XP Pro

8. Outlook folder events

9. Problem installing Exchange 2000 manager on windows XP Pro

10. Managing Exchange 2000 server from XP Pro

11. Installing admin tools for Exchange 2000 on my XP PRO

12. Exchange 2000 MMC Snap-in on XP pro box

13. Exchange 2000 Admin on XP Pro?