I Am Going NUTS with Receiving Internet Mail

I Am Going NUTS with Receiving Internet Mail

Post by Dan » Mon, 02 Apr 2001 05:00:29

Hello Everyone,

    Someone please help before i totally loose it.  I have both smtp and
pop3 virtual servers running.  I have anonymous authentication enabled on
both servers.  I just set the the request to update the MX records on my
domain name.  I telnetted internally and externally to my exchange server
and successfully connected.  I didn't receive any of the messages that i
tried to send.

Someone please help

Dan

I Am Going NUTS with Receiving Internet Mail

Post by P.C » Mon, 02 Apr 2001 13:55:47

Check your event logs! check your smtp queues do you see any issues there?

Quote:> Hello Everyone,

>     Someone please help before i totally loose it.  I have both smtp and
> pop3 virtual servers running.  I have anonymous authentication enabled on
> both servers.  I just set the the request to update the MX records on my
> domain name.  I telnetted internally and externally to my exchange server
> and successfully connected.  I didn't receive any of the messages that i
> tried to send.

> Someone please help

> Dan

I Am Going NUTS with Receiving Internet Mail

Post by David Nandel » Tue, 03 Apr 2001 22:02:29

This might not be what your problem is, but it sounds similar to one I had.
When I upgraded to Exchange 2000 I could send email, but not receive.  After
a day of troubleshooting I called MS PSS and they traced it to an incorrect
user parameter in Active Directory.  I guess the Windows 2000 Server version
of ADC mapped an incorrect parameter from Exchange 5.5 and when I installed
Exchange 2000 ADC it didn't correct it.  MS had to run a script to cleanup
my user accounts.  Once my user profiles were clean they could receive
email.

All my problems have had to do with Active Directory.  Exchange 2000 is
quite nice actually.

Good luck!

Dave

I Am Going NUTS with Receiving Internet Mail

Post by Kelly » Tue, 17 Apr 2001 07:46:25

If you have not checked it please check you fire wall for the correct
parameters. If you do not have the correct hole punched in the fire wall to
allow email to that server you may never receive email.

Just a suggestion

Kelly

Quote:> Hello Everyone,

Post by Kelly » Tue, 17 Apr 2001 07:46:35

If you have not checked it please check you fire wall for the correct
parameters. If you do not have the correct hole punched in the fire wall to
allow email to that server you may never receive email.

Just a suggestion

Kelly

Quote:> Hello Everyone,

>     Someone please help before i totally loose it.  I have both smtp and
> pop3 virtual servers running.  I have anonymous authentication enabled on
> both servers.  I just set the the request to update the MX records on my
> domain name.  I telnetted internally and externally to my exchange server
> and successfully connected.  I didn't receive any of the messages that i
> tried to send.

> Someone please help

> Dan

1. I Am Going NUTS with Receiving Internet Mail

Hello Everyone,

    Someone please help before i totally loose it.  I have both smtp and
pop3 virtual servers running.  I have anonymous authentication enabled on
both servers.  I just set the the request to update the MX records on my
domain name.  I telnetted internally and externally to my exchange server
and successfully connected.  I didn't receive any of the messages that i
tried to send.

Someone please help

Dan

2. OWA 5.5/W2K

3. Exchange Security

4. isinteg and eseutil on exchange 5.5

5. HELP ME PLEASE I AM GOING NUTS, OVER EXCHANGE AND THE INTERNET MAIL CONNECTOR

6. remote user can't download mail

7. Mailbox Manager Going Nuts and eventually killing server

8. Store.exe Goes Nuts, High Processor Use

9. Exchange goes nuts...

10. Going Nuts

11. Why Am I Receiving My Old Mails Again?