free/busy issues...

Post by joe use » Fri, 02 Nov 2001 04:19:42

A user is receiving free/busy issues, white bar w/backslashes,  Microsoft
pretty much says it's possibly a corrupt "Emsmdb32.dll" file and that the
Outlook SR1 will take care of it.

However, we do not have the option of installing SR1 because of attachment
restrictions.  Does anyone know of any known issues replacing the
"Emsmdb32.dll" file with a current/newer version?

Joe

free/busy issues...

Post by Chris Scharff [MVP » Fri, 02 Nov 2001 04:25:16

>A user is receiving free/busy issues, white bar w/backslashes,  Microsoft
>pretty much says it's possibly a corrupt "Emsmdb32.dll" file and that the
>Outlook SR1 will take care of it.

>However, we do not have the option of installing SR1 because of attachment
>restrictions.  Does anyone know of any known issues replacing the
>"Emsmdb32.dll" file with a current/newer version?

I didn't think SR1 included the attachment restrictions..

Chris
--
Chris Scharff
Senior Sales Engineer

Exchange FAQs: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm

free/busy issues...

Post by Milly Staples - [MVP - Outlook » Fri, 02 Nov 2001 05:24:18

You are correct Sir!  SR-1 does not have the security restrictions but it is
a pre-requisite for installing SP-2 which does include them.

--
Milly Staples [MVP-Outlook]

When posting an Outlook problem, please give the version year and mode. (See
Help->About, second line in Outlook 98 or 2000 for the mode, Internet Mail
Only or Corporate or Workgroup.)  Post all questions/replies to the
newsgroups, unsolicited mail is deleted without reading.

| >A user is receiving free/busy issues, white bar w/backslashes,  Microsoft
| >pretty much says it's possibly a corrupt "Emsmdb32.dll" file and that the
| >Outlook SR1 will take care of it.
| >
| >However, we do not have the option of installing SR1 because of
attachment
| >restrictions.  Does anyone know of any known issues replacing the
| >"Emsmdb32.dll" file with a current/newer version?
|
| I didn't think SR1 included the attachment restrictions..
|

| Chris
| --
| Chris Scharff
| Senior Sales Engineer
| MessageOne http://www.messageone.com
| If you can't measure, you can't manage!
|
| Exchange FAQs: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm

free/busy issues...

Post by Curt Verwol » Mon, 05 Nov 2001 02:30:56

Is this user connected to an Exchange server backend?

Where are the "hash" marks showing up?  On the users account or when someone
else is trying to view there F/B?

If it's someone else trying to view but are getting hash marks are they in
the same site?  Have you tried the /CleanFreeBusy switch on the client yet?

HTH,

---
Curt

Quote:> A user is receiving free/busy issues, white bar w/backslashes,  Microsoft
> pretty much says it's possibly a corrupt "Emsmdb32.dll" file and that the
> Outlook SR1 will take care of it.

> However, we do not have the option of installing SR1 because of attachment
> restrictions.  Does anyone know of any known issues replacing the
> "Emsmdb32.dll" file with a current/newer version?

> Joe

1. Free/Busy issues with Exchange Server 2000?

Hello all,

Currently, my comany is using Outlook 98 with Exchange
Server 5.5.  Recently, I have received numerous calls on
issues with the free/busy option in the calendar.  The
calendar is not updating properly causing many, many
conflicts.  We are going to be upgrading to the Exchange
Server 2000 in the next few weeks.  Are there any known
issues with free/busy and Exchange 2000?  Does upgrading
from 5.5 resolve many of the known issues?

Thank you for your time.

2. OWA contact import

3. Free/Busy Issues

4. Move existing Exchange 5.0 to New machine and upgrade to 5.5

5. free/busy issues...

6. Outlook crash 2002 by opening ? send items ?

7. Free/Busy Issue

8. Unique Message ID (visible from client)

9. free/busy issues...

10. Free/Busy Issues

11. free/busy issues...

12. Free / Busy Exchange ( SEND / RECIEVE Free/Busy Information ) problems