Email Encryption and Virus Scanning

Post by dac.. » Tue, 25 Jul 2000 04:00:00

If users are encrypting emails how can a virus
protection software scan the virus and either
clean or delete it?  Any insite is appreciated.
Example--an exchange server receiving encrypted
emails, having norton antivirus running.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Post by Chris Scharf » Tue, 25 Jul 2000 04:00:00

>If users are encrypting emails how can a virus
>protection software scan the virus and either
>clean or delete it?

Only by having a key. Messaging Management System and secretsweeper
both have the ability to be configured that way I believe. Links to
both products are available at www.mail-resources.com in the Server |
Content Filtering section.

--
Chris Scharff, MVP-Exchange
Senior Systems Consultant

Exchange FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm
E-Mail Resource Guide:
http://www.mail-resources.com/resources/search.cgi

1. Virus Scan Trend Micro Virus Scan or McAfee Groupshield

Hello,

we are considering buying virus scan software for the Exchange Server
(currently on Exchange 5.5/NT 4, but migration to Exchange 2000 on Win2K
planned this year).

After a qucik survey, we will decide either to buy Trend Micro Virus Scan or
McAfee Groupshield.Does any one have some advice (good experience, bad one -
heard about this programs)?

Any kind of information would be helpful.

Markus Zindler

2. telnet 25

3. Scanning for macro and other viruses in email attachments

4. MSX 5.5, Server Rules ?, Address Convention ?

5. Email content security & virus scanning

6. Exchange 5.0: Sloww access to Public Folders !

7. Internet Email Virus Scanning Gateway

8. exchange 5.5 and 4 in the same site/org ??

9. Virus scanning emails sent from OWA

10. Exchange with GroupShield virus scan problem

11. Incoming & Outgoing Scan and Process (not viruses)

12. Recommendations for a good Virus scanning program for M'soft Exchange 5.5

13. Virus scan for Exchange Server?