Users not showing in default containers

Post by Al Collin » Sun, 26 Aug 2001 08:47:27

I am new to Exchange 2000, so be kind <g>.
I've added 10 mailbox enabled users, logged in to each one so the mailbox
shows up in the mailbox store.
The users do not appear in any default container, like the default GAL, all
users, etc. If  I go to the properties of  default containers and do a
preview I can see the users that "will be added" to the container. I've also
added some contacts
This was a few days ago so the RUS should have run (I also did an "update
now").
My dumb question, why don't the mailbox enabled users or mail enabled
contacts show up in the default containers? Am I missing something?

Thanks, Al

1. Sent Mail not showing not showing up in Sent Items Folder

Hi,

So this has been going on for maybe a week now... but when
an item is sent, it doesn't show up in the Sent Items
folder. We are running Exchange 5.5 SP2 on NT4 systems in
5 different offices all networked together using Frame
Relay, the clients computers are running Win9x with either
Outlook2000 or Outlook98... this problem exist in ALL
offices...

We are also running Citrix as our Terminal Services
Enviroment... Citrix is installed on Windows2000 Advanced
Servers, that do not have any sort of Exchange Server
installed on them... This problem exist in all cases, both
Locally and through Terminal Services...

Technet has been no help whatsoever...

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Timothy Penner
Network Engineer / Conultant
Network Services, Ireland San Filippo, LLP

2. cc:mail migation export error

3. Moving user accounts rom one recipient container to another recipient container

4. Spambot Fodder, Dont Read 2611

5. MOVING A USER FROM ONE RECIPIENT CONTAINER TO A DIFFERENT CONTAINER IN THE SAME SITE

6. Can't receive eMail!

7. User does not appear in container object

8. MS Exchange Contracts-Chicago-Long term

9. Removing a mailbox not associated with a user container

10. GAL not showing some users

11. Exchange General TAB not showing in Users uner AD

12. User does not show up in GAL

13. Global Address List does not show all mail users