import data from oracle database

Post by Eri » Fri, 11 Oct 2002 00:24:20

I maintain a database of names and addresses on my Oracle database.  I
also
need to share this information with exchange/outlook users as a shared
public folder.

I want to import data into a public folder. how can I extract data
(name, email, tel) from a table of oracle to a folder of exchange
I want to import information all the night

Can anyone show me some sample VB script to help automate the process
in
Outlook?

Thanks in advance

Eric

Bonjour,
Je cherche importer des donnes (nom prenom email...) d'une table
oracle dans exchange (contact folder). Je souhaite le faire toutes les
nuits sans passer par un fichier texte. Est ce possible. quelqu'un a t
il un exemple de procedure.

Merci pour votre aide

Cordialement,

Eric

import data from oracle database

Post by Armi » Mon, 14 Oct 2002 08:14:13

Hi there !
Check under www.slipstick.com
especially http://www.slipstick.com/dev/database.htm
or also this one (uses ODBC connection):
www.microsoft.com/OutlookDev/Articles/odbcoutl.htm

you will probably use ADO to connect  to the DB. Then create a Contact item
for each record, and fill in the field values from the ADO record into the
field of the item.
Have done similar things w. SQLserver.

Do you use Exchange 2000, or Exchange 5.5 server?
With Exchange 5.5, you may have to run the night "batches" on a PC where you
have an Outlook profile installed.
On Exchange 2000, you could use server events to run your script (or dll),
or also a VBScript which you sschedule to run every night.

greetings
        Armin

> I maintain a database of names and addresses on my Oracle database.  I
> also
> need to share this information with exchange/outlook users as a shared
> public folder.

> I want to import data into a public folder. how can I extract data
> (name, email, tel) from a table of oracle to a folder of exchange
> I want to import information all the night

> Can anyone show me some sample VB script to help automate the process
> in
> Outlook?

> Thanks in advance

> Eric

> Bonjour,
> Je cherche importer des donnes (nom prenom email...) d'une table
> oracle dans exchange (contact folder). Je souhaite le faire toutes les
> nuits sans passer par un fichier texte. Est ce possible. quelqu'un a t
> il un exemple de procedure.

> Merci pour votre aide

> Cordialement,

> Eric

1. import data from oracle database into exchange

[...]

2. Delete crashed Ex55 server

3. Exporting Exchange data to Oracle database

4. mail comes in, but doesn't go out

5. import/remount data from exchange databases

6. Can EXE's Be Blocked at E2K Server Level?

7. Linking an Oracle database with the Exchange GAL.

8. Outlook Hangs when I open Calendar

9. Exchange contacts in Oracle database

10. Extracting mail out of exchane and feeding into Oracle database

11. How to link an Exchange server to an Oracle database

12. import from 4.0 database to 5.5 database and mailboxes

13. Sending data to an Access 2000 Database