Schedule+/Outlook Schedules via VB/MAPI????

Schedule+/Outlook Schedules via VB/MAPI????

Post by Bob Boli » Thu, 02 Jul 1998 04:00:00

I have written a COM component that retrieves a given user's Schedule+
tasks using the 'OLE/Messaging 1.0 Object Library' reference from VB5.
It works great.

We installed a patch to the Exchange Client which allows a Schedule+
user to retrieve tasks for an Outlook user.  This patch worked fine.
Now the question.

I want my COM component to also be able to retrieve the Outlook tasks.
I keep getting a 'Permission Denied' error.  Seems like if Schedule+ can
do it, my COM object should be able as well.   Any ideas?    I DONT want
to rewrite the component using CDO unless their is just no other way
(but I suspect there is).  Thanks all.

1. Need to load Schedule+ calendar data stored in Exchange 4.0 via VB

Hello,

I need to load Schedule+ calendar data stored in Exchange 4.0, and I need to
do this programmatically via Visual Basic. I have code that loops through
Schedule+ Calendar data, but it requires that you have a Profile already
created for the user you want to access. This is unlike accessing Outlook
Calendar data where you can (on the fly) specify the server name and
username (see below). Any suggestions?

' Schedule+ Profile login
Set objApp = CreateObject("SchedulePlus.Application")
objApp.Logon profilename:="Mikes"

' Outlook Profile login
Set objSession = CreateObject("MAPI.Session")
strProfileInfo = "MYSERVER" & vbLf & "mmorrison"
objSession.Logon "", "", False, True, 0, True, strProfileInfo

-MM

2. Authentication Credentials Error 554 in Outlook Express

3. Exchange Schedule+ with existing MS mail Schedule+?

4. MIME/UUENCODE Message testing...

5. Programming MAPI with Schedule+

6. Rutine Maintenance?

7. Schedule+/Schedule 7.0

8. how do i prevent users from sending external mail

9. Opening another person's schedule in Schedule+ 7.5

10. Schedule+ 7.0/7.5 / MS-MAIL Migration to Exchange / Schedule+7.0/7.5

11. Schedule+ and Shared schedule files

12. Fw: Schedule+ 7.0/7.5 / MS-MAIL Migration to Exchange / Schedule+7.0/7.5

13. Exchange Server Schedule+ (via RAS on laptop)