Ldap validation in global catalog

Post by Jose Jorge Santo » Wed, 28 May 2003 18:55:19

Hi there!
I have 2 global catalogs clustered (win 2k), and a stand
alone exchange server that it is not a domain controller.
If the server 1 (operations master) in the cluster is
down, the clustered services "pass" to server 2, but
exchange stops responding... only validates in that
server. I have set up a stand alone 2003 domain controller
also as global catalog, but still need server 1. What can
I do to echange server to validate in any global catalog??

Thanks in advance....

1. Global Catalog Server

I have 2 servers, I have one server acting as a DC and another server that
is a secondary that is running exchange. Every night I have the backup
software stopping the exchange services to backup the stores, but when the
backup goes to restart exchange I get global catalog errors that say that it
cannot find a global catalog server. But some nights this operation works
perfectly. So I was thinking that maybe I should make the exchange server
the global catalog server so it didnt have to go find the other server. Any
thoughts on this?

Jerry

2. Error code

3. Importance of Global Catalog for Exchange 2000 Server?

4. Automatic mail duplication at the server level

5. global catalog on exchange server

6. cannot recieve external mail

7. Best Practices for multiple global catalog servers in multiples sites

8. message tracking

9. E2K and Global Catalogs

10. Global Catalog question

11. Global Catalog

12. Where to put Global Catalog Servers ???

13. Global Catalog Integration Connectivity