How to connect to Exchange 2000 LDAP directory

How to connect to Exchange 2000 LDAP directory

Post by Aysin Kura » Wed, 16 May 2001 16:37:36

how can I connect to Exchange 2000 LDAP directory from outlook express or
non-outlook client to search for addresses? Is port 389 or 3268 on exchange
server ready for it? If so how?
I appreciate help.

Aysin

How to connect to Exchange 2000 LDAP directory

Post by cokbile » Wed, 16 May 2001 20:06:58

valla ayny problemi bende yatadym,
Microsoft Active Directory Service stop et sonra tekrar dene, ben 4-5 defa
denedim sa?ma ama szeldi :)

Quote:> how can I connect to Exchange 2000 LDAP directory from outlook express or
> non-outlook client to search for addresses? Is port 389 or 3268 on
exchange
> server ready for it? If so how?
> I appreciate help.

> Aysin

How to connect to Exchange 2000 LDAP directory

Post by Okan GURE » Wed, 16 May 2001 20:47:42

Selam ;

LDAP server yn oldueu domaine logon olduktan sonra Directory Service
properties den port u 3268 e ayarlayyp Search Base e NULL yazyp General
kysymynda da Secure Password Authentication y se?ip GAL y search
edebilirsiniz.

Yyi ?alytmalar.

Okan GRER

Quote:> how can I connect to Exchange 2000 LDAP directory from outlook express or
> non-outlook client to search for addresses? Is port 389 or 3268 on
exchange
> server ready for it? If so how?
> I appreciate help.

> Aysin

How to connect to Exchange 2000 LDAP directory

Post by Aysin Kura » Wed, 16 May 2001 21:18:24

Peki hic non-outlook bir client'dan (mesela communicator - addressbook)  dan
Exchange 2000'e LDAP ba?lant? a?may? ba?arabilen oldu mu?

te?ekkrler,
Aysin
-------------

> Selam ;

> LDAP server ?n oldu?u domaine logon olduktan sonra Directory Service
> properties den port u 3268 e ayarlay?p Search Base e NULL yaz?p General
> k?s?m?nda da Secure Password Authentication ? se?ip GAL ? search
> edebilirsiniz.

> ?yi ?al??malar.

> Okan GRER

> > how can I connect to Exchange 2000 LDAP directory from outlook express
or
> > non-outlook client to search for addresses? Is port 389 or 3268 on
> exchange
> > server ready for it? If so how?
> > I appreciate help.

> > Aysin

How to connect to Exchange 2000 LDAP directory

Post by Michiel Boterenbroo » Wed, 16 May 2001 21:31:19

HEY!

english please, or send your mail off list!

Michiel

> Selam ;

> LDAP server yn oldueu domaine logon olduktan sonra Directory Service
> properties den port u 3268 e ayarlayyp Search Base e NULL yazyp General
> kysymynda da Secure Password Authentication y se?ip GAL y search
> edebilirsiniz.

> Yyi ?alytmalar.

> Okan GRER

> > how can I connect to Exchange 2000 LDAP directory from outlook express
or
> > non-outlook client to search for addresses? Is port 389 or 3268 on
> exchange
> > server ready for it? If so how?
> > I appreciate help.

> > Aysin

How to connect to Exchange 2000 LDAP directory

Post by Aysin Kura » Wed, 16 May 2001 21:53:04

excuse us... that is due to microsoft.public.tr.exchange list

anybody experienced LDAP connection  from Communicator email client to
Exchange 2000?

---------

> HEY!

> english please, or send your mail off list!

> Michiel

> > Selam ;

> > LDAP server yn oldueu domaine logon olduktan sonra Directory Service
> > properties den port u 3268 e ayarlayyp Search Base e NULL yazyp General
> > kysymynda da Secure Password Authentication y se?ip GAL y search
> > edebilirsiniz.

> > Yyi ?alytmalar.

> > Okan GRER

> > > how can I connect to Exchange 2000 LDAP directory from outlook express
> or
> > > non-outlook client to search for addresses? Is port 389 or 3268 on
> > exchange
> > > server ready for it? If so how?
> > > I appreciate help.

> > > Aysin

How to connect to Exchange 2000 LDAP directory

Post by Aysin Kura » Fri, 18 May 2001 22:52:56

We found the solution to non-outlook access to LDAP of Exchange 2000.

Address List is basically the Global Catalog running on port 3268.

Before connection, by using ADSIEDIT.exe tool to connect to LDAP
configurations of Active directory, give permission to Everyone to read your
users' addres list directory. it depends on your installation. ours was
ou=company

get in the users' list and give permission to read each user.

from the client connect as,
  search base:ou=company,dc=domain,dc=com
  port:3268
  no login

it should work!!!

aysin

> excuse us... that is due to microsoft.public.tr.exchange list

> anybody experienced LDAP connection  from Communicator email client to
> Exchange 2000?

> ---------

> > HEY!

> > english please, or send your mail off list!

> > Michiel

> > > Selam ;

> > > LDAP server yn oldueu domaine logon olduktan sonra Directory Service
> > > properties den port u 3268 e ayarlayyp Search Base e NULL yazyp
General
> > > kysymynda da Secure Password Authentication y se?ip GAL y search
> > > edebilirsiniz.

> > > Yyi ?alytmalar.

> > > Okan GRER

> > or
> > > exchange

How to connect to Exchange 2000 LDAP directory

Post by Baris Eri » Sat, 26 May 2001 13:42:21

Exchange 2000 does NOT have directory services. You must use your Domain
Controller, preferably Global Catalog servers for LDAP access over port
3268. If you must use a DC that is not a Global Catalog; port number must be
389 (by default).

So LDAP service account in your Outlook Express or Outlook IMO should be:
Server: DC/GC (use full name like mydc1.mydomain.com.tr)
Port: 3268
Authentication required: Yes, give your domain account & password

You should choose to use that LDAP service to resolve names while sending
mails.

Remove other default/unnecessary LDAP services listed in Outlook Express to
avoid any conflicts.

Hope it helps.

Baris.

> We found the solution to non-outlook access to LDAP of Exchange 2000.

> Address List is basically the Global Catalog running on port 3268.

> Before connection, by using ADSIEDIT.exe tool to connect to LDAP
> configurations of Active directory, give permission to Everyone to read
your
> users' addres list directory. it depends on your installation. ours was
> ou=company

> get in the users' list and give permission to read each user.

> from the client connect as,
>   search base:ou=company,dc=domain,dc=com
>   port:3268
>   no login

> it should work!!!

> aysin

> > excuse us... that is due to microsoft.public.tr.exchange list

> > anybody experienced LDAP connection  from Communicator email client to
> > Exchange 2000?

> > ---------

> > > HEY!

> > > english please, or send your mail off list!

> > > Michiel

> General

> express
> > > or

How to connect to Exchange 2000 LDAP directory

Post by Warren Ch » Thu, 31 May 2001 06:38:48

I tried using my GCC server on Port 3268 and it said no entries were found.  I
had an entry for Directory Services that said "Active Directory" which worked,
but I can't recreate it.  It used Port 3268 and used "Active Directory" as the
serve name.

.