Address Book Views in Exchange 5.5

Post by NtNew » Thu, 19 Nov 1998 04:00:00

How and or where can I go to see where Exchange is getting my 'GROUP BY'
fields from?  I see a bunch in there, and than a bunch more 'custom
attributes that I can specify, but I am not seeing for instance the 'OFFICE'
field that is on the general Tab of anyones mailbox.  I would like to add
the 'OFFICE' tab to one of my address book GROUP BY fields.

Thanks in advance

Address Book Views in Exchange 5.5

Post by Amiri Jone » Thu, 19 Nov 1998 04:00:00

    I think MS intended the Office field is intended for an office (room)
number or office telephone number.  Since most people don't want each office
to appear as a separate group, it's not included in the Group By list.  Use
the Department field instead (assuming you aren't already using it).

Post by Rich Matheis » Fri, 20 Nov 1998 04:00:00

>How and or where can I go to see where Exchange is getting my 'GROUP BY'
>fields from?  I see a bunch in there, and than a bunch more 'custom
>attributes that I can specify, but I am not seeing for instance the 'OFFICE'
>field that is on the general Tab of anyones mailbox.  I would like to add
>the 'OFFICE' tab to one of my address book GROUP BY fields.

The "Office" field was omitted because its intended purpose was to
hold the office number, not the location of the office. Since a single
office would be unlikly to hold very many people you'd have a lot of
ABV's containing a single entry -- the single occupant of the office.

1. Address Book Views with Exchange 5.5 SP4

Hi all,

We are having problems with Address Book Views with Exchange 5.5 SP4. I am
unable to create them (logged in as a permissions admin).

When I try to create them NT logs a security event in the Application log:
0x1 access denied on object /o=HOLDING/ou=_ABViews_.

And in the Exchange Administrator you will get a prompt:
You do not have the permissions required to complete the operation

Microsoft Exchange Directory
ID no: DS_E_INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_RIGHTS

On the other hand, if you log on to the Exchange Server interactively using
the service account
which Exchange uses, you CAN make Address Book Views, but i wonder if they
will be available to
other users...

Is this a known bug ?

--
Kind Regards,

Raymond Zwarts
Senior Network Engineer
Netcast B.V.

Tel.:          020 - 4604500
Fax/Voicemail: 020 - 8687371

2. Scheduling visibility across servers?

3. Address Book Views in Exchange 5.5

4. client not able to open excel attachments admin ok

5. restoring database to another server

6. Delegating Control to create and maintain Distribution Lists

7. Address Book Views and Offline Address Book

8. Offline Address Book and Address Book Views problems

9. Help with Offline Address Books and Address Book Views please

10. Using Outlook Contacts as Address Book in Address Book View

11. Exchange 5.5 Address Book View