Server Scripting and MSExchange Event Service on Windows 2000 Server

Server Scripting and MSExchange Event Service on Windows 2000 Server

Post by Jamie Jone » Fri, 26 May 2000 04:00:00

Just yesterday, I found this to be my problem. Exchange Event Service/Server
scripting works fine.

1) We deinstalled and reinstalled the Exchange Event Service. It had become
"tangled" through all our experimentation.

2) Our script was invoking some custom-built COM objects that were NOT using
the apartment threading model as required by Exchange Server Scripting
environment. Once we corrected our build process to properly build these COM
objects, the server scripts ran OK.

Here is a checklist of things I compiled during problem analysis. I got them
from the Microsoft Press textbook, Programming Exchange and Outlook by
Rizzo.

1) increase logging level of Exchange Event Service and then check NT Event
log.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeES\Parameters
 keyname is LoggingLevel (DWORD) which can be 0-5. 5 is most verbose.
2) insure that domain/userid account has Log on As Service privilege. (pg
464)
3) Server scipts are logged on with identity of most recent author that
copied script to the server. Insure that we were logged on as
MYDOMAIN\MYUSERID when running Outlook to install pixExchScript.txt
4) Are our custom COM objects apartment-threaded as required?
5) Deinstall and reinstall the Exchange Event Service.

Jamie Jones

1. Office Calendar script fails on Windows 2000 Server

I have set up Tom Howe's solution for an "Office
Calendar". Apparently the difference between
running this with Exchange 5.5 on an NT 4.0
Server and running it on a Windows 2000 Server
causes it to fail.

The error in Event Viewer is:

 A fatal error (0x86664004) occurred in an
IExchangeEventSink while processing message
[Subject = "Test Meeting"].
11/30/00 13:47:40       Run time error at line
36. Source: Collaboration Data Objects Error:
Objects - [MAPI_E_LOGON_FAILED(80040111)]]

The following is line 36 from the script that is
run from an event trigger associated with the
client calendar:

objOfficeCalendar.AddItem objMessage

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Copying Accounts from Ex5.5 to Ex2000, anyone?

3. Upgrade Windows 2000 With Exchange 2000 to Windows 2000 Advanced Server

4. Questions regarding PAB

5. Converting server side event scripting from Exchange 5.5 to 2000

6. owa install

7. Exchange Server Beta 3 and Windows 2000 RC3 or Windows 2000 final release

8. exchange agent

9. Exchange server 2000 does not install on Windows 2000 Advanced Server

10. Exchange 2000 server on Windows 2000 advance server.

11. Windows 2000 Server/Exchange 2000 Server