multiple e-mail addresses to one mail box

multiple e-mail addresses to one mail box

Post by gary » Thu, 30 May 2002 04:09:56

Hi Fellas,

I know this is going to be easy stuff you you lot but, Our
IT guys just left ad I have been given the job of sorting
our e-mail out. We have two domain names and run exchange
2000. All our mail is forwarded to Demon and then Exchange
dose a mail kick (so they tell me) every 10 mins and get
the mail. But it is only bringing one domain name down. I
have set up the new e-mail addys in everyones profiles but
nothing arrives. What am I missing?

multiple e-mail addresses to one mail box

Post by Yor Suiri » Fri, 31 May 2002 01:36:23

 Check this
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q289833

Quote:> Hi Fellas,

> I know this is going to be easy stuff you you lot but, Our
> IT guys just left ad I have been given the job of sorting
> our e-mail out. We have two domain names and run exchange
> 2000. All our mail is forwarded to Demon and then Exchange
> dose a mail kick (so they tell me) every 10 mins and get
> the mail. But it is only bringing one domain name down. I
> have set up the new e-mail addys in everyones profiles but
> nothing arrives. What am I missing?

multiple e-mail addresses to one mail box

Post by Andy » Fri, 31 May 2002 19:05:08

Hi there

I see you use Demon.

Assuming you are in the UK you will need to send a fax to the Demon Internet
Service Plus Team:

You will need the public ip address of your mailserver (or the ip address of
the firewall/router with port 25 open).

fax demon and tell them the domains you wish to recieve mail for. and the ip
address you want it sent to.

Along these lines:

Please assign an MX record for company-a.co.uk to point to
mailgate.company-a.co.uk (ip 1.2.3.4)
Please assign an MX record for company-b.co.uk to point to
mailgate.company-b.co.uk (ip 1.2.3.4)

They will then set an DNS MX record for your two domains to point to your
server.

If you have a permanant internet connection this will be enough and email
will start to come directly to you (not through Demon)

If you have a dial up or routed ISDN then Demon will need to know your isp
login name and will do the rest for you.

If you have any problem you can email me directly (remove the no spam)

Quote:> Hi Fellas,

> I know this is going to be easy stuff you you lot but, Our
> IT guys just left ad I have been given the job of sorting
> our e-mail out. We have two domain names and run exchange
> 2000. All our mail is forwarded to Demon and then Exchange
> dose a mail kick (so they tell me) every 10 mins and get
> the mail. But it is only bringing one domain name down. I
> have set up the new e-mail addys in everyones profiles but
> nothing arrives. What am I missing?

1. multiple email address for single mail box?

Hi all,

I'm running Exchange 5.5 with SP4 and IMS. I have some
users who need more than one email address. Can I create
multiple email address for single mail box instead of
creating more mail box? Can this be done in Exchange
server?

Thanks in advanced.

2. Outlook 2000 Shared folders

3. Multiple Mail boxes for one user.

4. illegal host/domain error message

5. Multiple logons for one mail box

6. Schedule+ Shared on the primary server

7. two smtp address for one mail box

8. Will Exchange Server work on standalone server?

9. All address to one mail box

10. two smtp address for one mail box

11. Delete One Mail In All Mail Boxes