Slow to resolve Names

Post by Tyler Barne » Fri, 27 Apr 2001 09:25:36

Our new Exchange server with only about 10 users is very slow in resolving
names from the Global Address List.  I can click on send after composing a
message and it may take 15 sec to resolve the name and send the message.
Could this be a DNS issue????

The workstations are running both Win 9x and Windows 2K

Thanks for the assistance.

Tyler

Slow to resolve Names

Post by David Sengupta [MVP » Wed, 02 May 2001 05:25:41

yep. could be.

--
David Sengupta  MCSE, CCA
Exchange MVP  Ottawa, Canada

Quote:> Our new Exchange server with only about 10 users is very slow in resolving
> names from the Global Address List.  I can click on send after composing a
> message and it may take 15 sec to resolve the name and send the message.
> Could this be a DNS issue????

> The workstations are running both Win 9x and Windows 2K

> Thanks for the assistance.

> Tyler

1. Kind Attn:Tom Andre(Re: Ex2000/Outlook2000 slow resolving names)

SORRY,BUT I HAD TO USE THE SUBJECT LINE BECAUSE OF THE *NOSPAM* TAG IN YOUR
E-MAIL ADDRESS :,(

Hi Tom!I'm Mandar and I would like to have an account on an MS Exchange
Server with SMS relay on(Its not necessary though).I know nothing about MS
Exchange and would really appreciate if you send me all the information
required.I have absolutely no knowledge as to how the Exchange System works
or its requirements(Software,Hardware included!).I am new to this whole
thing and don't even know where I can get such a service and its
subscription charges(To have an e-mail account of this sort).Please
help!!!!!!

PS-If you can,please e-mail me.

MANY THANKS.

Regards,
Mandar.

2. Public folders --> Adress list

3. Exchange 2k/Outlook 2k slow resolving names

4. msexcimc.exe Access Violation

5. Slow resolving names in Outlook

6. Archieving mailboxes

7. Client won't resolve name when clicking check name button

8. Outlook denies access - Client licence problem

9. Check name feature does automatically resolve e-mail adress into userfriendly name

10. OWA resolving all names using the check names button

11. Client won't resolve name when clicking check name button

12. Name could not be resolved / Name kann nicht aufgel?st werden

13. Check name feature does automatically resolve e-mail adress into userfriendly name