win2k restarts (crash debug) when information store is mounted

win2k restarts (crash debug) when information store is mounted

Post by boogi » Tue, 15 Oct 2002 10:39:25

my server running win2k sp3 goes crash debug when the
information store of my exchange2k sp3 is mounted. smtp
service is running, www service is also running, nntp
service also running, ftp also running... only the
services of exchange are not running...
i think the problem started just yesterday based on the
log files...

please help...

win2k restarts (crash debug) when information store is mounted

Post by Lanwench [MVP - Exchange » Tue, 15 Oct 2002 20:49:58

What's in your event logs?
Are you getting low on disk space on the volume where the stores & logs are
stored?

Quote:> my server running win2k sp3 goes crash debug when the
> information store of my exchange2k sp3 is mounted. smtp
> service is running, www service is also running, nntp
> service also running, ftp also running... only the
> services of exchange are not running...
> i think the problem started just yesterday based on the
> log files...

> please help...

1. After Restart, Mailbox Store does not mount

I recently moved my Exchange Server 2000 to new hardware.
Now that everything is over, when I restart the server the
Mailbox and Public Stores do not mount.  I can manually go
and mount them without a problem.

Any ideas on exactly is causing this problem?

I was wondering if for some reason, the system does not
have rights to mount the stores?  I get one App log error
(ID 1024; 'NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM was unable to log on as NT
AUTHORITY\SYSTEM to the Public Folder Store "First Storage
Group\Public Folder Store (SERVERNAME)".').  But I don't
get an error like this for the MAILBOX STORE.

I also get an SCHANNEL Error in Sys Log that Microsoft
says can be ignored.

The only other thing I didn't do that may have some effect
is normally when installing Exchange, you run FORESTPREP
and DOMAINPREP.  The instruction that Microsoft gave did
not mention running either when you install Exchange on
the new server (their instruction were pretty detailed).
So, I didn't run them.  However, I have seen a handful of
KB articles that refer to running DOMAINPREP.  My
understanding of FORESTPREP (FP) and DOMAINPREP(DP) only
have to do with the configuration that the DC needs.  This
Exchange Server is only a member server, so DP & FP should
not be necessary in this case.

Any help or idea of what to look at next would be greatly
appreciated.

Chris

2. Importing DL Lists

3. information store stopped and when restarted it stopped again when someone uses outlook

4. Public Folders Offline

5. Need to restart Information store constantly

6. Outlook Offline Address Book problem.

7. Problem restarting the information store

8. IMAP protocol for exchange

9. Information Store will not restart

10. Information store service can not restart

11. Information Store Service Stopped after Restart

12. Error 1603 restarting Information store service.

13. Information store won't restart after Optimizer