nt account and exchange mail box

Post by Suad » Mon, 15 Oct 2001 23:21:32

Hi all

I am building a web based application using asp and IIS 4 and trying to
access exchange 5.5 global address list, in the application I have the nt
account of the user logged in and i want to retreive the exchange mail box
related to the logged-in nt accont, can anybody advise me on how i can
acheive this

your earliest reply is highly appreciated

Thanks in advance,

nt account and exchange mail box

Post by Daniel Mitchell [MV » Wed, 17 Oct 2001 09:08:49

Quote:>I am building a web based application using asp and IIS 4 and trying to
>access exchange 5.5 global address list, in the application I have the nt
>account of the user logged in and i want to retreive the exchange mail box
>related to the logged-in nt accont, can anybody advise me on how i can
>acheive this

 See http://go.to/mailfaq, Q7.7.

 -- dan

1. Look up Exchange Mail box name from NT account name

I found that no, you can't.  I actually had to store the alias for the
Exchange mailbox I wanted to access in a two-field table consisting of NT
login name and Exchange alias.  The alias is the only way I've found to
access the Exchange information.  (If you're using Site Server
Personalization & Membership, you can use one of the existing attributes of
the default directory called mailBoxLocation to store this value.
Otherwise, you have to store it somewhere for yourself.)

BTW, don't go changing Exchange aliases in the administrator; it gets
something out of sync with LDAP access to the directory, and the only
solution is to delete the mailbox and recreate it.  (I had to do this with
my Exchange account after changing the alias.)

Matthew

2. Setting up a Front End Server for OWA

3. do I need to set mail box name same as NT account

4. Express 2001 Add-On Packs

5. Creating E-mail account without primary NT account on Exchange Server 5.5

6. Restore Question? No Service Account!

7. mail stuck in outbox

8. Connect to POP box with account from another NT domain

9. Merge exchange 5.5 mail box to exchange 2003 mail box

10. Retrieval of mail account armed with assoc-nt-account

11. E-mail Account without corresponding Windows NT account

12. connect problem w/ diff NT account and mail account