Exchange 2000 Error

Post by Samm » Mon, 14 May 2001 14:48:32

Hello all,

We have just setup our forest as follows:

Root: ns.org
tree1: nsb.org
tree2: nsbsd.org
tree3: ic.org

Schema master account lives on ns.org, and "setup /forestprep" has
been run on that box.
Active Directory is installed on all machines.
All servers are several miles apart, connected via T1.
Trees 1, 2 and 3 are communicating and replicating.

Have been trying to install Exchange 2000 on ic.org but keep getting
the following error; " Cannot continue installation, cannot establish
communication with Schema Master." and "Cannot communicate with
Windows Active Directory." Error messages not exact, have them written
down at the office.

I have tried the install while logged on as admin in ic.org domain,
and while logged in as Schema Master on ns.org domain.

The goal is to have the trees separate, yet integrated. Meaning each
will manage their own Exchange server, with their own unique email
extension. All will share a global address directory.

Does Exchange need to be installed on the root box, ns.org, before it
can be installed on any of the trees?

The reason I haven't just gone ahead and tried installing on the root
is because we admins from the three domains have agreed not to do any
work on that box without a quorum. Understandably, experimentation at
that level is highly discouraged.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Exchange 2000 Error

Post by Lori Demkovic » Fri, 18 May 2001 09:03:41

You need to run setup /domainprep in each domain and then read the technet
article entitled "how to install Exchange 2000 in child domain."  Basically,
you need to use the root administrator's account to do this.

Lori D.

Quote:> Hello all,

> We have just setup our forest as follows:

> Root: ns.org
> tree1: nsb.org
> tree2: nsbsd.org
> tree3: ic.org

> Schema master account lives on ns.org, and "setup /forestprep" has
> been run on that box.
> Active Directory is installed on all machines.
> All servers are several miles apart, connected via T1.
> Trees 1, 2 and 3 are communicating and replicating.

> Have been trying to install Exchange 2000 on ic.org but keep getting
> the following error; " Cannot continue installation, cannot establish
> communication with Schema Master." and "Cannot communicate with
> Windows Active Directory." Error messages not exact, have them written
> down at the office.

> I have tried the install while logged on as admin in ic.org domain,
> and while logged in as Schema Master on ns.org domain.

> The goal is to have the trees separate, yet integrated. Meaning each
> will manage their own Exchange server, with their own unique email
> extension. All will share a global address directory.

> Does Exchange need to be installed on the root box, ns.org, before it
> can be installed on any of the trees?

> The reason I haven't just gone ahead and tried installing on the root
> is because we admins from the three domains have agreed not to do any
> work on that box without a quorum. Understandably, experimentation at
> that level is highly discouraged.

> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1. Exchange 2000 Error 1005

Hi,
I'm setting up an Exchange 2000 Server and I keep getting the same error.  My
error is
Event Type:     Error
Event Source:   MSExchangeSA
Event Category: General
Event ID:       1005
Date:           14/06/2001
Time:           9:20:00 AM
User:           N/A
Computer:       SERVER2000
Unexpected error There are no protocol sequences. Facility: Win32 ID no: c00706b7
Microsoft Exchange System Attendant  occurred.

I've checked every Microsoft resource and they have no information relevant to
me, so I ask the question to you, how do I fix this problem????
Thank you for a speedy response,

Scott Kemp

2. Fixing Outlook calendar folder corruption

3. 5.5 to Exchange 2000 error HELP PLEASE

4. Editing Global Disrtribution List entry

5. Exchange 2000 Error

6. Emails only show up after......

7. Exchange 2000 error when hit Send/Receive from Outlook

8. Outlook 98 - Can you setup Outlook to Disconnect after replicating Offline Folders

9. Exchange 2000 error c0070005

10. Exchange 2000 Error in Event Log

11. loadsim for exchange 2000 - error

12. New Exchange 2000 error messages